Ali Radiators what have you got?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Admin, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Admin Guest

Has anybody tried a radiator from here.

Im wanting to replace mine and im tempted for the price, but has anyone any experiance with these? whats the build quality like? do they last or just fall apart?

cheers Tom.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2010
  2. Admin Guest

they do look nice, how does one attach a fan to it though?

3. Admin Guest

I use the slim line fans(goes through the fins), but the fan cowling will still bolt on as it has the lugs welded on for it...

4. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

looks like the fan cowl bolts straight on to it
    see the four bosses on the radiator

5. turbotommy Forum Member

Is that REALLY needed though? much cheaper VAG radiators are available so unless your running silly power...
    Looks nice mind but in/outlets are on the wrong side as its for an 8V and that ebayer is just an agent for parts from overseas.

6. Admin Guest

VAG equivalents are around 120 from TPS. I need extra cooling over my set up at the mo' which is a Gen VAG 16v rad (mine is old and may be blocke), im looking at bigger/more efficent rads. The MK2 TDI rads are too big so need something aroung the 8v rad size.

Inlets/outlets are on the correct side!

7. Mike_H Forum Addict

I'm told a Corsa Diesel one is worth a look - they're supposed to be a bit lower, to allow airflow for ITBs or carbs. I haven't looked at one up close - yet.

EDIT: I've now seen one, and they're not any lower, but wider and might have more cooling potential.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  8. TK1

TK1 Forum Member

interesting , im currently looking at what rad to put on my mk1 with 16v and carbs.
    i assume thats an early corsa diesel around 1995 kind of era (not that clued up on corsa's)
    was also considering the alu ones as seen on the ebay in 8v form

9. Admin Guest

Right iv taken the plung, bought the ali one from the bay, it arrived today and looks good, Tig welds are neat and the fitment of the fan cowling and is spot on. Ill have a go at fitting it this weekend and ill let you how i get on. Hope the materials are good quality and last the course.

10. Admin Guest

Right couple of pics, ill be test fitting the rad soon so ill grab some photos then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Admin Guest

Just been out to test, the rad is a good fit so far. It has given me plenty of airflow over the top (tho' i have lowered the rad mounting crossbar) and the cowling fits well. Tho' i did have to remove a rection at the bottom for the engine mount. Vibra engine mount is big and the lower cross brace ment rad was pushed closer. Now need to add new layer of resin to cut edges, sand smooth and polish up.

Also modded the slim line fan to aid draw through the cowling by drilling some air holes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rain has stopped play tho.

12. Golfamily7 Forum Member

Love the carbon fan cowling. I take it you moulded it off the original?