All possible 2l 8v mods to get the most out of it!

Discussion in '8-valve' started by fly, Mar 16, 2008.

1. VRSteve Forum Member

The AGG manifold is best from the late mk3s or early mk4s as it doesnt have any vaines in it, just a hollow rectangular tube. plus the front face is big enough to bolt the Tbody straight onto, where as the mk2 and early mk3s arnt tall enough.

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

Wrong shape of inlet ports though, for a PB / DX type head.

I was thinking that cutting the TB mounting flange off the end, and welding it into the front, was the best way forward.
    I could cut the front off the inlet as well, and get a well known shed dweller to flow it out before it gets welded back up.

I was looking for your original thread on this, but can't find it. Have you still got a link to it?

@ Alan... were you thinking that the Mk1/2 metering flap (either the kJet flap or the digifant AFM) makes this pointless? I can see where you're coming from, but if the manifold flows better, then a stronger, faster vacuum pull on the metering gear should still yield more power. It's worth remembering that the Kjet flappy arrangement is good for 200 hp, in modded valvers, or in 1970's supercars, so it's probably not the bottleneck. The Kjet system on my 911 looks very similar to the one on the golf.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  3. VRSteve Forum Member

No i havnt, it was under a heading of Rohr pipe i think ...

ive stil got all the photos so il post them later, its clear what ive done but it can def be improved further.

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

I'd really appreciate some pics! Either on here or by email - especially the TB end, and how you routed the pipe.

What management were you running? Digi AFM type, or MAP sensing... or??

5. VRSteve Forum Member

std 2E managment, ECU was powerchipped, not an ebay job, proper solder in and then you can adjust fuel/timing etc on the rollers.

i wud have moved to omex but this was so reliable i didnt see the point.

the large pipe bends down into the bottom corner behind headlight, this had a massive cold air feed from the fog lamp and the wing. the intake pipe as u can see also accomodates the ISV etc so it all works perfectly

il post the pics up tonight mate.

6. FLY

fly Forum Member

Well the problem is i havnt bought the car yet (soon to buy off a friend) and it was the previous owner who's done all the work. I do know it won fastest quater mile time of a naturally aspirated i think 8valve catergory at santa pod so asumin its gotta be fairly near 160! I shall have to find more about it and see what else if anything has been done.
    Thanks for the suggestions though, just have to make some sense of it all! And by the way i dont have loads of money to spend on it yet...

Someone might very well know of the car, G reg with schmidt wheels, showcage, black, single debadged grill, mountney steering wheel and wolfsburg all sorts!....?
    Aaron

7. VRSteve Forum Member

some close up pics i have ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. VRSteve Forum Member

bump .... here u go mike ;)

9. Mike_H Forum Addict

Cool... I'm going to start measuring up for a kjet 8v version.

10. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

I looked a doing a digi version but the manifold plenum is the wrong shape, it would need two TB's and i could be arsed with that!

11. Mike_H Forum Addict

Dug the spare Rocco manifold out of the shed... it'll need a fair bit of fabrication to make it work I think, but gotta be worth a try.

I was half thinking of using a digi manifold and moving the airbox to the Mk2 position to get a better cold feed..

12. f2 ed Forum Member

sorry to grave dig an old thread

the pics don't work anymore. Do you still have them?
    thanks