alternative to dynomat?

Discussion in 'ICE' started by carl moffatt, Dec 21, 2003.

1. carl moffatt Forum Member

Im finally sorting out my system, got a few new goodies coming soon and a new build..

Im currently running my front componants of my HU and desperatly need to get it sorted. While everything has been stripped again i thought its best to get the sound/d put down. I remember someone saying about some stuff you can get in b&q that is meant for roof tiles but works the same way as dynomat/ brownbread etc we did go and have a look today but couldnt find anything ...

i want to lay pooloads of the stuff down and cannot justify paying dynomate price..so lets see some of your alternatives ;)

2. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

the stuff you are on about is called marley tape,

there is nothing as good as dynamat/brown bread on the market,

some ppl use expanding foam but this can bend panels etc and is very messy,

best bet is dynamat bulk buy from CAD.

tim

3. carl moffatt Forum Member

thanks tim,

yup just been earching through some audio forumsand it confirms what you just said. It will take loads of layers or flashing tape just to equal one layer of dynamat or brownbread, thus costing more..

So who cad and where can i get hold of them, oh and what price am i looking at? also how much do you get for your money?

4. pigbladder Forum Addict

i recon the regular sound deadening pads are very close to dynamatt but cheeper..places that sell car paint sell em in packs of 10 for around 10 or so

5. carl moffatt Forum Member

hmmm i'll check out the place i bought my paint from tomoz, thanks for that

6. hansom_dog New Member

also i have used roof flashing thats v good and aint far off dyna mat!
    try it 15 for 6" strip 10 meters long v good

7. Madbloke Forum Member

I used expanda foam on the rear quaters and hard to reach places --- worked a treat ---- Also I used Dynamat extreme for the rest of the panels - Its nice tow work with and I brought a bulk load (about 25 rolls) so got a nice discount -

Also I used Dynamat extreme througgout -- used the original Dynamatt but it loses its stickiness after a bit so dont recommend that also the spray dynamatt is crap as you need loads of it

Dont rate brown bread much as its stoo thin

What you need to think of is that Dynamatt is made for this application where as roof flashing and felt isnt ---- this may absorb or reflect sound so you wont get the best from your system [8(]

8. mbh69 Forum Member

cad = www.caraudiodirect.co.uk or com there forum will have all the info / advice you'll ever need

Edited by: gbolton