American Hotrod

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by VR6Will, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VR6Will Forum Member

On Home & Lesiure Tuesday nights at 10pm, Boyd Coddington Hotrods - one the biggest american hotrod companies in the US, i think its one of the best tv progs about at the mo! [:D] i've been following the creation of the aluminum tub! its awesome :clap:

2. superden Forum Addict

Some of the custom `rods are very cool.

I saw a program similar to that where they made one from a `57 Chevy [:D]

3. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

That was some bit of engineering and it looked really great the finished job and although I am not a great fan of rods you got to hand it to the Yanks for having a style to call their own and producing a work of art like that.

4. MrBen Forum Junkie

Saw that last night - what a cool rod. He really wasn't happy when they went to take it out for the first time and it had no oil pressure! Never heard so many swears beeped out!

5. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

An all aluminium Mk2 now there is a project for someone.

6. superden Forum Addict

:o [:D] :clap:
    Edited by: superden

7. nic_ape Forum Member

I saw an episode about a week ago when a swedish boy came to learn about it all and had no idea and kept f**king everything up, haha was so funny he went home in the end, i dont think anyone missed him :lol:

8. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

9. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

Is that anything like Rides on the discovery channel?? On on a saturday morning I think, about 10am, watch it while I'm eating breakfast!! Only seen it a couple of times but they've done some amazing things on there!!

10. 10am??? Bit early to be up on a Saturday.

11. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

[:$] Since I'm not drinking at the moment I find I can actually get up on a saturday morning, its a very strange experience to tell you the truth!!

12. 800gallons Forum Member

i too have been following this.
    fanatastic program

13. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

boyds, fantastic. one of, if not THE most innovative and skilled car builder on the planet.

Massive respect for those guys, truly incledible craftsmanship and design.

14. I love this program. Liked the "american chopper" series as well.

American Chopper
    Edited by: harry_the_cake

15. Mikey Forum Member

I've been following the American Hotrod & Chopper programs too.

Recorded the Aluminatub series that were shown on Sunday back to back from noon till 6pm & have been watching a few episodes every night.

Really impressive engineering skills to design & build the chassis & machine the wheels, & the company Marcel's that did the sheet metal bodywork were just amazing!

(There's some really nice Snap On tool boxes in the background too :lol: )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.