AMG Hammer

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Hornchurch Dan, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

absolute sex on four wheels. the pics ive seen were all in that dark red slutty lipstick colour and id probably give my right arm, or both, to have an amg hammer

2. N/B

N/B Forum Member

Lovely as it is, it's not an AMG Hammer.
    It's an E500.
    A strange one at that too, as by 1995 (final year of production), the W124 had been facelifted and an E500 looked like this:
    [​IMG]

The car in the ad has the bonnet, headlamps and bootlid of an earlier 500E.
    [​IMG]

Unlike the earlier Hammer, the 500E / E500 was a joint project between Mercedes-Benz and Porsche, with no involvement from AMG at all.
    The cars were all assembled by Porsche.

Read all about what an AMG Hammer really is, right here.

3. I stand corrected, said the man in the orthapaedic shoes ! It is the E500 ( front end threw me a bit ) Still an awesome motor..
    I found out from a friend recently that his dad used to have a 1000SEC back in the 80's. Has anyone ever seen one ?

4. N/B

N/B Forum Member

No, but this appeared in Miami Vice!
    [​IMG]

There's an original 'Milked' (ie all-White, with White trim) AMG 560SEL near me.
    Its windows are tinted blue, and it's really tired.
    White leather inside, White AMG Penta rims, Ducktail, the works. Just missing a boomerang aerial really!

5. Thats is pimp-tastic ! Totally 80's [8D]

6. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

The Hammer is an awesome car. I had a book of the top cars when i was 14. I used to droll over this. Along with the Detomasa Pantera:thumbup:

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i think i had the same book... had a big article about the callaway corvette sledgehammer and how that managed 250mph back in the late 80s :p

8. k plate Forum Member

That is defo a bit of me

9. Elf458 Forum Member

there is something about a proper merc that is just perfect. no idea what it is... some of them just look sooooo pimpin, the hammer does it for sure!

1000SEC? do you mean 560SEC or 500SEC? like the first 3 pics...except this is a gemballa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BLAM!!! now theres a load of merc's that make my knees wobble

10. 1000SEC for sure. Looked like a coupe version of the 1000SEL limo in post 5 on this thread. I wouldn't imagine you got much change out of 100k for one either, even back then..

11. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

I can find that book now. I was going to scan it and post up the links.

12. N/B

N/B Forum Member

That Gemballa is pure filth, really really special!

Not keen on the slammed oldies myself, I don't get the whole Lowrider ting.
    More of a Motorsport flavour, please;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

I nearly bought a 190 EVO cosworth many years ago. Decided to build another mk1 16v instead in the end.

14. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member