Angle grinders hurt (warning nasty pic)

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by luke w, Mar 5, 2007.

1. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

This is what happened to my brothers hand at work last week. He was on his back preping a Renault for some welding. Because of the awkward position he was in, he could only hold the grinder with one hand. It snagged suddenly on something throwing it out of his hand. He said he quickly covered his face with his hands and rolled out the way. It wasn't until he got up he felt his hand hurting and looked down to see it ripped open. That was with wear heavy duty welding gloves as well.

[​IMG]

2. dubst16v Forum Member

mmmmmmmmm tasty
    lucky it wasnt to the bone!

3. Nordoff Forum Junkie

He's gonna get a nice claim outta that then.

4. oak8vgti Forum Member

better his hand than his face

but ouchhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

5. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

nasty, hes gonna have a cool scar though. chicks dig scars. i think....

6. Seraph Banned

Holy cow!

H&S are gona throw the book at your bro's work(maybe!)

7. vw_stu Forum Member

oh yes, angle grinders are dodgy beasts....i took all the skin off of my nose once when doing a front panel on a vw van once...

8. The db

The db Forum Junkie

I blame the french piece of le murd he was under personally. 5 star n-cap safety rating my ar*se!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. dylan5084 Forum Member

that'll polish out [:D] :lol: :lol:

10. Mike_H Forum Addict

I had an angle grinder catch in a corner of a mini floor (2 sides caught at once) about 18 years ago... it skimmed up the back of my finger and shot past my right ear... I'm a lot more careful since!.

11. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

He was very lucky it only hit his hand, he said he didn't have a clue where it went, he just felt it fly out of his hand and he just covered his face an tried to get out the way as quickly as possible.

My brother's okay about it, doesn't blame his work. He admits he should have taken more care doing the job, I suppose you can get complacent when you do those kinds of jobs day in day out.

He had a check up at the hospital today and there isn't any ligiment damage, although they are a little worried there may be some nerve damage as it feels like he constantly has pins and needles.

12. Collie Forum Junkie

oops . just superficial thats lucky really

13. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Christ that hurt me just looking at the pic. Serves as a good reminder that they grind flesh easier than metal.

14. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

PAH, flesh wound

THIS is a cut.

[​IMG]

15. HoppyGTi

HoppyGTi Forum Member

^^ who the hell is that???

Bet that smarts!!![xx(]

16. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

me..........

17. Mike_H Forum Addict

I'm just off to be sick.

18. bens_cab Forum Junkie

ouch thats gonna hurt ive done a few stupid things with a grinder i have a eye condition which means they are dry all the time this is due to getting grinder dust and specks of metal in my eyes when i was 18 and working in the garage should have taken them for all they got but back then you didnt get any help with claimng money of companies

also theres nothing worse than when welding getting a bit fly down your boots now that hurts lol

19. DubLass Forum Member

Good job he had the gloves on, couldve cut his hand off argghhh

20. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Christ Paul thats bad. How did you do that? Was that the result of your motorbike crash?