Another non running digi

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Blue MK2, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Blue MK2 Forum Member

hello all

Fitted a new head on the digi. I re-timed it up yesterday and it was spot on. Used RJ's timing guide thread. stopped/started, stopped/started and today i wont start at all.

I did clean up an earth lead without disconnecting the battery. only the small earth that bolts to the water flange on the side of the head. (havnt touched the gearbox earth)

Ive swapped the ECU (possibly a faulty one)
    Swapped the Ignition Control Unit with a few others i had and still nothing.

fuel pump primes. Ive even checked for fuel out the lines.
    ive cheaked the timing again and its all in line.
    Im getting spark.

How do i check the hall sender? im getting about 2.3v on each terminal on the distributor (ignition on)

Would the MAF have anything to do with it? Ive got a few spare so ill check tomorrow.

EDIT: the rev needle did not jump up/down when i cranked the engine over. Im guessing im close by saying hall sensor?

thanks

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if the pump is priming then the ecu is getting power at least so you can rule that out, if you are getting a spark then the hall sender probably isnt the issue but the fact you arnt getting any signal to the rev counter is a bit odd, the rev counter should see a signal every time the ecu/tci tells the coil to spark...

has the blue sender been replaced recently?

3. Blue MK2 Forum Member

RJ thanks for your advice via pm.

It was the hall sensor. changed it for a new dizzy and boyaw :thumbup: