Any Clifford G5 experts out there?

Discussion in 'Security' started by PhatVR6, Jan 2, 2008.

1. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Having an annoying problem with the Avantguard G5 I've just installed.

I havenlt hooked up the grey "hood" wire to anything. Mainly because I haven't got a decent switch yet, and I don't want one of those cheap one's drilled through my slam panel.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these switches work by being an open circuit when the bonnet is shut, and the earth out when the bonnet is opened? Going off that theory I have just left the wire disconnected.

BUT, when I arm the alarm (even with the silent arm button) is still gives me 4 chirps, indication the "hood" is open. I've even tried earthing the wire to see if that makes any difference, it doesn't.

Also. I've been setting up the zones for the prox and omni sensors, yet when i stand close the car and make the prox sensor warn me away, sometimes the alarm goes off, and when i disarm the LED tells me zone 6 (the hood trigger) has set it off???

2. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

4 beeps also denotes boot

3. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I have the boot one wired to the light in the boot. I have the parcel shelf out, and I can clearly see the boot light is out. HAve i connected it to the wrong wire?

4. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

should be the brown/white wire of the light

5. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

ah right, as if it was a door. I'll double check tomorrow.

Many thanks

6. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

just checked it there. disconnected the blue wire from the boot light (it was connected to the brown wire...)

still gives the 4 beeps on arming (why does it do it when i silent arm!?!? f*cking annoying that)

7. animaniac Forum Member

By the looks of things i think you have the boot and bonnet wire connected to the interior wire of the proximity.

Also the inner zone needs turning down as its extending outside the car, even though it's triggering the bonnet trigger.

You may have the proximity connected to the correct wires, but the wires may be going into the wrong terminals on the 24 pin connector on the alarm box....

I had the same thing with my concept 300, the diagram says the blue wire number 3 is for optional sensor, and the orange number 9 is for the proximity beep.

I havent got a clifford proximity sesnor but i had a single zone sesnor lying around, so i used this, because it's already got the interior radar.....

The clifford had a plug on the optional sesnor wiring so i just spliced my wires into cliffords without cutting the plug off etc.

And it kept setting it off[:^(] so it came up as number 2 optional sesnor trigger?

So i bridged the blue wire to earth and it chirped the siren, i just swapped the wire over.

8. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

the prox sensor is on it's own 3 pin plug, nothing to do with the main harness,

the boot and boonet wires are connected to fresh air, therefore should be in the same state as a shut boot or bonnet.

so annoying. now it's trigging the alarm on all bells and whistles within 5 mins of arming. when i check it's saying bonnet trigger, zone 6 every time.

I'm baffled.

left the sodding thing in valet mode to shut it up.

9. animaniac Forum Member

Very strange..............

Could well be faulty........

10. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

worked fine in my old car????

11. animaniac Forum Member

You must have a cut in the wire somewhere, you can either cut the wire near the multipin connector and see if it still does it, use a multimeter on ohms and see if you have a short to earth on the wire by putting one probe on earth and one of the wire if you get resistance you have a cut somewhere.

Or you can check the entire wire for cuts and damage.

But i think it's best to use one of the first two suggestions and if that is causing the problem just cut that wire and solder a fresh new one in and feed that to the boot / bonnet.

I think you will find this is what the problem is.......

I hope this works / helps... cheers jim

12. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

already done that. it's cut less than 100mm from the connector, and isn't touching anything but fresh air.

13. animaniac Forum Member

[:^(] [:s]

Maybe worth contacting clifford and see what they may recommend?

Directed Electronics UK

Unit C Longmead Business Center Epsom, Surrey KT19 9QQ UK

Phone: +44 (0)1372 847120

Fax: +44 (0)1372 847150

And see if they can help you out....

Just to note have you tried the alarm with the proxy unplugged?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  14. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

have you checked your open curcuit wire for connection to earth if not will beep 4 x
    Ian

15. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

which wire is that? that could be the one if you can tell me which wire it is? I can't find my install manual at the moment.

also. no matter what sets the alarm off, be it prox, omin or whatever, the recall always says it's the bonnet!

I've set up the proxmiy primiry zone so low you have to be practically halfway through the window to set it off in test mode. and I have the warn away zone set really low, so you have to literally press your face up against the glass for a few seconds before it'll warn you away. again, i program mode.

Yet as soon as i save all that and come out and then arm it. if a car drives past or if you go anywhere near the car (or sometimes when it just feel like it) it'll give a wanrign bark then instantly go off full chat. and when i disarm and read the LED it's saying the same, zone 6, bloody bonnet!!!!

WHY doe sit still beep at me when i press the silent arm/disarm button, how **** is that.

16. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

green/white looped across on the alarm brain

17. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

awesome, I'll check that this weekend, much appreciated.

18. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

TROUBLESTARTER, cheers again, you were dead right. I earthed the green/white wire and that's sorted it. Omnisensor was set far too sensitive too on the primary zone, so I've wound that down a bit and it seems settled.

Cheers again.

PS, I thought it a bit weird that the manual says to connect that wire to something in the car you want to alarm, like a cd changer or head unit??? why didn't it just say to earth the sodding thing....

19. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

20. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

ah sorry, it was your good self who actually first pointed out the wire.

Many many thanks.