any landrover owners on here

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by TrackCab16v, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Lennard

Lennard Forum Member

I won't be back till late tonight, going straight from a business trip to rugby training then I have to see a girl about a thing... ;) but I should be able to get some on Thursday for you.

2. TrackCab16v Forum Member

sneaked her out and gave her another blast up some country lanes on weekend ,seems rough as f...k to drive, or may be i am just not used to landrovers :o

3. Lennard

Lennard Forum Member

You need a good spine for anything leaf sprung matey, don't worry you'll soon learn to love it.... or you'll pussy out :p

I'm bored so i'm going to go take pics of the landys now...

4. Lennard

Lennard Forum Member

Not the best photos but i'm not breaking my neck for you guys ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In the background you can see the other series1 and that white blob is a 1983 Audi 80, 2.1 KK, Quattro, Type 85, B2 - Alpine White which i'll get professionally nut and bolted when I have the money spare (only a 1000 or so where made):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Lennard

Lennard Forum Member

I didn't add in those white puffs by the way, it's foggy up here :o

6. barny Forum Member

Nice setup! i'd love another V8 classic

7. barny Forum Member

If its a 90 it'll be on springs :thumbup:

8. barny Forum Member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  9. karmann gettit

karmann gettit Forum Member

All splendid

Sometimes I miss mine, sometimes I don't... didn't really have him long enough to get too attached, and when engine seized I did fall right out of love

Love these photos though [:D]

10. micky1 Forum Member

11. Lennard

Lennard Forum Member

It's going to get turned into an offroader soon :thumbup:

12. TrackCab16v Forum Member

managed to located the rest of the parts i needed, to get it on road, been chatting to some other well modded landy owners.really interesing talking what different parts fit.

13. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

Barny, you ever gonna answer my PM? ;);)

14. James_mk2 Forum Member

Here's mine a couple of weeks ago:

[​IMG]

And here it is today :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's been down on the Pembrokeshire coast for a few years when my brother moved down there so now it's completely rotten! Rebuilding it onto a galvanised chassis over the summer and might put a few uprated travel bits on it ready for getting very muddy this winter!

15. barny Forum Member

Huh?

16. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

I PM'd you some time ago asking about the P38 did I not? Or at least I think I did haha. I was after some buying advice and any models to look out for? I really like your one pictured but they vary drastically in price and have no idea what I should pay for one like yours

What sort of mpg do you get? Any major costs involved? Must be petrol and I guess the V8 is the one to go for?

17. barny Forum Member

Well so far we've :-

Cracked the front screen, 260+vat
    LOST!! The power assisted brakes as the pressure switch went down, 700+ from LR, ebay'd 80 s/hand pump assembly. Many hours spent trying to solve that one.

Having several problems with the air suspension, slow to rise, dropping overnight etc etc etc. If it drops to low or one of the sensors goes out of range etc it locks the suspension down, the result - being trailered home by a very nice man! Rangerovers.net has been a big help especially with a free programme that can unlock the suspension and help diagnose faults, again found on the bay. Eventually solved that with a recon pump off the bay again but now i'm blowing great holes in the suspension plastic pipes, both so far have been about 8" apart and can see no reason for it.

We went for this one as it looks the part, really nice in the flesh so to speak. Major stack of bills in its history including a new 5k ENGINE!! Bought the 4.6 and converted to LPG as at the time it was 56p per litre. 85litre tank in the spare wheel well as at the time we had a disabled dog and needed the flat floor, even still i'd go for the same as it doesnt look converted, even got them to fit the lpg filler next to the petrol one so its hidden buy the flap. Cost 1700 all in and wont take long to cover that cost.... MPG? About 12-15 average, 18 on a motorway.

They are notorious for electrical gremlins, there are 8 seperate ecus i think and they all go thro the BECM "master Computer" all of which can and do fail. Ebay has helped massively as the cost of most things are extortionate, but then it was a 60,000 car in its day.

I like it, but i hate it too as its fairly/very unreliable. We bought it for my partners horse to be towed to events but the car yet hasnt towed anything other than my series 2 Landy.

Personally i wouldnt recommend one to anyone, get a 110/90 and and keep the depreciation under control. We spent 3.5K plus the lpg convertion and i bet we wouldnt get half for it now.

Plus side? ..... Well when it works its cracking to drive, plenty of power, quite quick for 2+tons, road presence second to none and was amazing in the snow too. That sounds silly but i really didnt think the 19" wheels would create so much grip. Even to the point i overtook people going way to slow in snow!! Various videos on the tube showing brilliant offroad capability, just keep the electrics dry.

I sadly had to "fix" the blowing exhaust recently, it sounded the mutts with both the rear boxes removed!!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  18. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

thanks for the review, I think I'll steer clear of those and not to keen on the Defender's to be honest.

Cheers

19. DarrenH Forum Member

nice work, is the 19J healthy, or you swapping it out ?

20. Collie Forum Junkie

can you guess the age of this old git i drive? just from the dash

[​IMG]