Anyone Know Any Help Groups

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Boetang, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boetang Forum Member

My ex has really gone off the rails this last 3-4 months and has got in with a local crowd that stay up to 4 or 5 am most nights snorting coke and smoking dope.

This wouldn't be a big issue to me if it was just a weekend thing. But she used to stay in most week nights and take it easy then have a blast at the weekend. She's now racked up over 5k in credit card debts this year.

Thing is I spoke to her last night and she says she thinks she needs help. According to her it's because she doesn't really know what she wants in life and once she's got something good then she wants something else (never heard a woman say that before (sarc)!!).

I'm really worried for her as she's no spring chicken anymore (30 and no kids) and this could really damage her health and chances of finding any long term happiness. It's already affecting her work.

I can't pretend that I don't love her any more, and maybe I have selfish reasons for wanting to help her, but it would kill me if she ruined her life partying all week with people who couldn't give a toss about her.

Does anyone know of any help groups that I can put her in touch with to help her get out of this destructive pattern?

2. Dubplate Forum Member

Im afraid the only person to help her out is herself. I was in the same situation a couple of years ago and went off the rails for no apparent reason except for the choice of people i chose to hang around with. It got to a point where i was spending 1000 on cocaine a month and drinking x amount on alcohol. After bits of my nose falling out and a loan that had gone from 4 grand to 12 grand enough was enough and so decided to become a recluse and stayed in for pretty much a year and threw myself into my music making. I now choose not to see that old group of people and have pretty much got myself back on track and slowly replenshing my bank balance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.