Anyone used Kumho C03 tyres?

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Dave R, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

I've been using the Kumho V70A for a while now but since I'm thinking of declaring the Ibiza sorn & take it off the road I'm looking at the C03 tyres for track days.

Anyone used these before?

2. Rgmracer Forum Member

I haven't but am looking at trying the "silverstones" and maxsport equivalents next year as I drive to events and these are both road legal. Up to now I have been using R888s and one set of AO48s. The maxsports i'm aware are remoulds and have very mixed reviews but believe only way to be sure either way is to try them myself.

Out of interest how do you rate the V70A and have you good experience of R888 as a comparison?

3. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

I heard mixed reviews with the max sports, I haven't tried the R888's as in 16" they won't fit my car. Only experience I had of comparing them were at Pembrey on a damp track, I had the kumho's my mate in a 200SX had the Hankook RS2's and a bloke in a caterham had R888's. on a damp day I was the only one getting any sort of heat, it's hard to really compare from that as its three completely different cars!

Found a review on the Internet, on here somewhere actually... Test of all the track days tyres in the dry the kumho's were on top but in the wet they were last by far!!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012