APY code 1.8t eng ?

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by aceng, Jun 1, 2005.

1. aceng New Member

Ive been offered an APY code 1.8t engine for a mk2 eng conversion. The donor car is an ibiza cupra 2001. its FBW not cable throttle how can i get around this ?. And what else from the car will i need. Will it mate to a 16v gearbox. if not what is required to fit the gearbox thats on the 20v at the mo.
    Are there any other problems with this eng type ie APY code or the type of car its coming from.
    Your help and knowledge would be a great help.

2. A_N_Other Forum Member

Throttle from AGU, APU or other cable throttle 20V will be OK, or else an 02E 2.0l engine will bolt straight on
    If you're using after market management - if you're using OEM stuff you'll need throttle pedal etc........

Engine should go straight onto 16v gearbox, but you will need to sw*p flywheels I think.

3. Rallye_Will Forum Member

I've got an APY engine in MkII, using a throttle body from a MkIII 8v. I really wouldn't use the 020 box from your MkII, it will rip it to pieces, use a cable change box G60, MkIII 16v etc.