Assistance needed from my UK brethren

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by costel1969, Sep 13, 2023.

1. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Folks,

I could do with some assistance in locating full black leather M Sport front seats for my 128i - I have the standard seats, and they are not comfortable on longer journeys, to say the least.
    I've been trying to locate them on this side of the pond, and between the stupid money they're asking for them and even more stupid shipping costs, it makes it prohibitively expensive.

I have seen some eBay; one lovely example below, located in Slough.
    bmw 1 Series e81 M Sport Black Leather Interior Seats Cards Set Good Condition | eBay

I'm happy to pay the price of seats along with your fuel, food expenses, etc., and the cost of shipping them to Ireland. Found another set here (Bristol)

BMW 1 Series E81 Complete Leather Interior with Door Cards, Heated Front Seats | eBay

I only need the two front seats but they have to be M Sport, black and full leather. (Not interested in cloth or half-leather) but I would take the M Sport Steering Wheel off of their hands.

EDIT - The E82 1 series and E92 3 series M Sport seats are interchangeable so I'm now looking out for those seats as well. Thanks @dodgy for reminding me of that.

I'm also trying to locate them in Ireland but no joy so far. @Tristan if you know of anyone with these please give me a shout, I contacted Wyse's in Tipp and am waiting for a response.

I will be in Ireland in October and will arrange to ship them back to Canada.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Robert

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  2. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

The seller of the 2nd set offers shipping, could you get them to ship to Ireland?

Price looks OK at 80 as I paid similar to have a full golf g60 interior shipped from Ireland to mainland UK.

If you spot a set in Yorkshire I'm happy to help ship to Ireland.

3. costel1969

Seller states on the FAQ that international shipping is not offered Richard and thank you for the offer. I have located seats in London, Slough, Scotland and Birmingham lol.

4. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Ah, worth a message to him I reckon as he might be flexible. Or maybe ask him to palletise it and you will arrange the courier to collect and take the risk away from him (though there's as much risk him shipping in mainland UK as there is Ireland, apart from the bit of water it has to get across)

5. costel1969

I've messaged your man in Slough as they look to be in really good nick in fairness - fingers crossed.

I found a set in Ireland and then when they sent the pics the side airbags were blown - Ball Ache!

RichardDarrenB likes this.
  6. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Have you had a look for 3 series seats, my m sport e91 shared no end of stuff with the 1 series, not sure if they used same floorpan?
    Fronts were lovely and had a switch that you could get the seat to hug you, best bit about the car, well, black headlining and the nice wheels I fitted alongside it.

costel1969 likes this.
  7. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Sooo… can you wait until October?
    Because I could pick them up and then go on holiday to Ireland (we’ve been wanting to go for a while) and drop them to you

costel1969 likes this.
  8. costel1969

No Problem Sam that would be most excellent - I travel on the 12th of October and return on the 26th to Canada.

I live in County Limerick down in the south west of the country.

9. costel1969

You are correct Dodgemeister, they share the same seats as the E92 3 series, original post has now been edited to incorporate that important fact.

dodgy likes this.
  10. costel1969

Update: The man in Slough won't send seats.
    Update: Quarry Motor Spares won't send seats.
    Update: Germanspares won't send seats.

Methinks that Brexit has a lot to do with this.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  11. costel1969

Update: I may be in luck. I have spotted a scrapper in Alberta with a 335i that has the seats in question. I sent them a request and am awaiting a response.

I'm halfway there; the passenger seat is located and purchased. The driver seat bolster is torn - balls.

The have another one but the seat is cream......[xx(][xx(]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  12. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

No scope to repair the damaged one if you can land it for a good price?

And cream, yuk. Never understood people who hand over money for cars with cream/hearing aid beige interiors

costel1969 likes this.