ATTN : Brian G.

Discussion in 'INA Engineering' started by INA, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INA

INA Forum Member

now with visa/paypal

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. INA

INA Forum Member

General Information

Last Activity
    22nd October 2014 23:04
    wierd....

3. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not that wierd he's a busy man
    Have you tried giving him a pm that way he'd get a email

4. INA

INA Forum Member

....I have exhausted that option.

5. murph81 Forum Member

Try him on Facebook?

6. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I sent him a note on facebook but he is very busy.

7. INA

INA Forum Member

It discourages me to post this but based on council from other club members (who have similar stories) I have no choice but to update this with unfortunate news.
    My close to 20 month ordeal with Mr. Brian Garvey has taken a turn for the worst and has finally come to an end with a charge back through VISA.
    - Communication has ceased.
    - Brian still has my components which he has had since late 2013.
    - Brian is still fighting with paypal to keep what is wrongfully his.
    - I have been lied to more times than I can count.
    - Brian has been unable to fulfill deadlines a total of 27 times (twenty-seven)

I gave Brian one final chance to make do on his promise to supply my components on June 15th 2015. As of today June 24th 2015 , he has not made good on his agreements and we have been left with no choice but to initiate a charge back through VISA.

8. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Grim. I hope this gets resolved for everyone.

9. INA

INA Forum Member

From a club policy standpoint , Why are we allowed to openly ****/bash a company and product whom does not have representation with the Club, but a club member (paying or whatever) that is known to "screw the pooch" with other club members is branded as "not a club issue , deal with it offline".
    If you are interested in hearing the latest ordeal , send over an email or PM.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
  10. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Do you sell VMI conrods ? [:s]

If so, I`m sorry if it`s affected sales but I stand by everything I posted and experience.

The Rods are OK but the Bolts, supplied with ARP lube are anything but. Just because I happened to win them at a significantly reduced price compared to every other set he sold, simply because the auction finished at a time when other people weren`t bidding doesn`t have any effect whatsoever on my expectations of the product. If I`d paid 300+ like some people and they failed, this thread discussion wouldn`t have been anywhere near as "you get what you pay for, it serves you right". But because I happened to get a good deal, it was suddenly my fault and I was scrimping. Oh and Gurds paid the same and had the same failure but that seems to get glossed over. Funny that.

I have posted MANY times about things I`ve found positive regarding traders with no Club representation, be that a Track Day organiser, Coilover manufacturer, Tyre supplier, Various brake pad suppliers (good AND bad) and most recently the HiSpec Brakes. I don`t get anything from the trader in question, but as part of my contribution to the forum I post my findings good and bad.

Isn`t that how these things work ? As a community, we share information. If it`s great, you as a trader benefit and get repeat business. If the trader gives poor service (Not that I`m saying you do, it`s just an example) then word gets round and they either improve or lose the good reputation and people go elsewhere.

You can`t have it both ways where customers are expected to sing the praises of traders / businesses yet don`t accept anything negative IF IT`S WARRANTED.

beetie likes this.
  11. MUSHY 16V

If I have a problem with someone I don't get someone else to deal with it
    I also don't **** them off behind their back

Now I don't know what has or has not happened

This is between you and your customer not really anything to do with me or the members
    End of

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  12. INA

INA Forum Member

I do not. My post has nothing to do with VMI conrods.
    And you should! You have every right too.
    Exactly.
    No one is being slagged off behind there back. It is being done in a public domain because doing it in private has not yielded any results. My statement still stands , how is it that a thread where one customers negative review is allowed to stay but another is canned and black holed?
    It is hypocritical of the club and I will make noise until it is resolved. If a club member (regardless of who they are) is conducting scrupulous business practices then they are either removed from the club or they make good on there arrangement.
    No different to VMI telling Nige to go pound sand hence this thread....

13. MUSHY 16V

How you treat your employees is nothing to do with this thread is it ?

14. MUSHY 16V

Do you want to discuss your business dealings openly on a public forum I think not

your business is your business simple keep it that way

don't think for one minute this is some kind of political game we are not against you
    this is just nothing to do with us so no point in crying to us or other people i know you have
    it's not our business end of

To be honest this doesn't put you in a very good light in my eyes

15. INA

INA Forum Member

When did it ever put us in a good light in your eyes?
    I am an admin on 2 forums and moderate 11 forums. As a moderator your actions here are poor.You obviously have a hidden agenda which is protecting a certain member and your bias posts show this.

FACTS:
    - Nige can make a thread about his dissatisfaction with a product and it remains some 8 pages long.
    - I make a thread almost a year ago about dissatisfaction with a certain "loved" club member (a member whom 3/4 of you like me only know online) and after updating it with a lengthy post a few weeks ago , it is canned and hidden from the public domain.
    - Now I decide (as an advertiser mind you) to not have this swept under the rug and instead of welcoming it , you want it swept under the rug as fast as possible.

I guess it is ok to screw people over so long as the person/company doing the screwing does not have a voice on clubgti but once the person has a voice on clubgti , you want it silenced.

Feel free to show your bias and delete my posts....they have all been screen shotted for future use in other platforms where they can not be silenced. Members of the club are allready asking questions and they are getting the answers they need.

16. MUSHY 16V

You guess wrong

Feel free to show your bias and delete my posts....they have all been screen shotted for future use in other platforms where they can not be silenced. Members of the club are allready asking questions and they are getting the answers they need.[/QUOTE]

you're starting to sound like Chris eyre with all this screen shot rubbish
    you do that fine by me i know it will be on facebook later prove me wrong

ps if you had a problem you should have pm'd Ian don't post all over a year old thread you should know that if you are a mod or admin as you say
    i guess you're just a poor one as well
    i'm only starting out so should get better what is your excuse:thumbd:

17. INA

INA Forum Member

did that...
    was told not a club issue even though it was a club member soliciting services using the club name as recognition for soliciting said services then having the same club hide anything negative so as future people can go down the same path.

As for the rest of what you posted. TLDR.

18. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

This is a business deal between 2 companies and is outside the control of Club GTI, it's staff, committee and membership. No services were solicited using the Club name.

I spoke to all involved in the hope of helping reach a solution, unfortunately that didn't work. You have made a claim with PayPal/Visa and as I understand that is being disputed.

Since then I've seen this used as propaganda against Club GTI, you told them I threatened you with a ban which is simply untrue.

Sirguydo likes this.
  19. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Moving forward and Club Statement.

On behalf of the Chairman, staff and members, I have reinstated this thread in this section and have merged comments pertaining to this matter from an unrelated thread.

Whilst we have no desire on this car enthusiast's forum to "sweep things under the carpet" as suggested, outbursts like these help neither the current positive spirit of the forum or the parties who chose to enter in to an agreement independent to The Club and subsequently fall out.

We, as in The Club, understand that there is a conflict between Issam and Brian G over a number of components believed to be delivered to Issam, trading as "INA Engineering" in 3 stages commencing from after Sept 2013 and concluding in April 2015. As pointed out by Ian, a claim lodged by Issam/ INA engineering is being disputed.

It is not my call to get into the exact details, however as already stated, the Chairman (1990) has communicated to both parties.
    Due to the complex nature of this matter, we as a Club do not have the capacity to mediate or resolve this concern and we recommend that both parties seek legal advice.

The Club will not take any action of its own but does not wish to be involved in this matter any further.

As a result this thread will be closed and any further reference to this matter elsewhere on our forum will be deleted without notice.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Sirguydo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.