Audi 80 coupe B4 16v ACE/corrado 9a distributor questions

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Mk2 Peace, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Mk2 Peace Forum Member

Hi,

Anyone know if there is a difference between the 2 with exception to the dizzy caps (one angled and bolt down, the other clipped and top entry) so just mainly the bodies? For the life in me i cant find a replacement for my Audi coupe. Its basically the same engine as my old corrado 9a.

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

apart from the cap fitment they work the same, as you have found out the ACE dizzy caps are very expensive! if you have room for a straight type cap and leads are long enough then you could fit a kr/9a dizzy. maybe try an abf dizzy cap, though I'd assume it will point in a different direction.

on my mk1 16v I found that in the factory position it would point backwards, so I just rotated the dizzy 180 degrees and moved all the leads round to suit so it pointed forwards. I just had to make a longer king lead to suit, luckily I had another set of beru ignition leads in stock, the ends pop off so i swapped the spark plug end for the king lead end :thumbup:

3. dubztubz Forum Member

abf cap fits 6a dizzy.i am using 6a dizzy with abf cap on my mk1

rubjonny likes this.
  4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

what orientation does the cap sit on that combo, straight up as per audi/abf?

5. Mk2 Peace Forum Member

Thanks for the reply guys,

I've managed to fit a straight cap from a 9a (using 9a dizzy) and it works a treat. The 2 dizzys (9a and ACE) differ with them being clip and bolt down caps. I've also been sent an original ACE dizzy from slovenia as a spare. Its good to know the ABF works as i was contemplating this as i had seen it installed in mk1's and the orientation moved to stop the fouling on brake resevoir. Luckily ive got more spares then as ive just purchased 2 mk3 16v's :p