Audi A4 Avant 3.0 v6 tdi

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by jprocter, Nov 13, 2005.

1. jprocter Forum Member

Hi,

Me dads after a new motor and we took the above out today seemed nice just wondering if any of you have any experience of em...

Cheers

2. Unknown Forum Junkie

My pa has one. Done 20K already and it seems to go better all the time. He had the sport suspension (B6 S4 stuff I believe, more aluminium bits etc...) and sport seats etc with the S-Line kit and the seats are fantastic, the ride is good but firm enough for him to enjoy caning it around lanes and taking the mick out of the local ricers. He's still over the moon with it. The quattro really evens up the power delivery, where he used to go through front tyres very regularly and change the rears every year with the B6 2WD, this one wears out tyres evenly all round, traction is incredible of course.
    As far as trouble goes we have had very little, the gear lever stopped centering between 3-4 as a spring or summat in the box had gone. Audi said they needed to swap the whole box under waranty which they did, it cured the problem, feels better and its been absolutly fine since. Delivery time was quite long as I recall but he ordered it before it was launched which might have had summat to do with it.

I was a bit undecided about the new goaty grill etc. but I have changed my mind on that now as well, makes the b6 look a little bit dated which is a bummer as I wont be able to afford the B7 one for ages.....

3. jprocter Forum Member

This one we went out in was s-line with the big front grill and leccy everything (inc tv).

My dad wants it hes just worried about how long this model has until its facelifted or a new shell is used.....

He is either after that demo one (due to the spec it had) or a new one.

4. Unknown Forum Junkie

well they only brought them out this year so it will be a while before they modify them again. Compared the b6 there is very few panels in common (only the roof panel as I recall) so I doubt they'd want to re-tool just yet.
    My pa didnt go for leccy everything, the gadgets were nice on his last one but I think he wanted a no-shit model, just ally dash trims and black everything. If you can, avoid the grey trim, we had a b6 with grey and it never seemed as nice as our other ones with black interior. The in dash changer and audio kit is quite nice though!

5. jprocter Forum Member

Yeh this one has black leather and ally inserts, also has the 6 dash changer and bose kit in it.

Only problem i did find was that the rear headomm wasnt great....

6. Unknown Forum Junkie

Never noticed the rear headroom I'm only short [:$] Rear legroom isnt great I know, if you push the front seats back in a hurry you could amputate the legs of a rear passenger :lol:

7. jprocter Forum Member

:lol: Yeah i am fairly tall i spose.

Cheers for the help