Audi A4 Fuel Gauge Never Indicates Full Tank

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by phulla, Jan 12, 2011.

1. phulla Forum Member

I bought my 2007 Audi in the last week of Dec 2010 and it was delivered with half tank of fuel, so i decided to max it up just to see how much i get from 1 tank of fuel.

The fuel pump filler clicked off in the usual manner to indicate full tank, so obviously i stopped pumping and assumed a full tank. As i drove off (after paying of course) I noticed the fuel gauge indicator half way between 3/4 and full and I assumed it would max in a few seconds, but it never did. The DIS indicated fuel range of 360 miles and the fuel gauge indicator did not move for about 60 miles.

After a week and some 360 miles, when the fuel gauge indicator reached the final red line and the DIS indicated a fuel range of 10 miles, with the fuel low warning symbol, I filled up the tank to maximum, making sure I got as much fuel in as I could, I managed to fill 59 litres of fuel and checked the fuel gauge and the same thing happened.

The car has an Audi 12 month warranty, as part of the sale, its not the Audi Manufacturer Warranty, which expired in June 2010. I have booked my car with Audi in Tamworth who want the car for the whole day and will provide me with a courtesy car, which is nice. :thumbup:

Just for information and help others, I would like to know if anyone knows or has experienced the same problem and what was done to fix it. I have read a few things about fuel tank sender problems, damaged/broken sender wire and/or faulty fuel gauge.

Hopefully Audi are aware of the problem and will get it sorted next week.