AUM into mk1 with K04 - ECU choices?

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by mr.brown, Mar 15, 2018.

1. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

Having read what seems like the whole internet on the subject I have what I hope is a simple yes/no question.[:s]

The engine will be an AUM, fitted with a K04. Most of the topics I've read seem to deal with mk4 owners upgrading but that doesn't really apply in my case as I'm starting from scratch.

Given that both BAM and AUM are VVT, and in this case both will have a K04, can I just use the injectors/sensors/MAF/ECU etc from a BAM and use that?

(BAM ECU to be de-immobilised, SAI, 2nd lambda, EGT removed)

The theory being that a standard BAM map will be more than enough power for the time being.

TIA :thumbup:

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Use the AUM ECU, 06A906032** and map to hardware spec.

3. mr.brown

I was trying avoid additional mapping costs tbh. Also, my thoughts were that at least with a BAM ECU I should be able to drive it straight away ?

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

False economy.
    Both have to be de immo'd and 'mapped' to remove to turn off the drivers for hardware that is not there.
    So it would not cost much to alter engine performance parameters while you are at it.

5. mr.brown

Fair enough. I already have an AUQ ECU - 8N0 906 018 BR - will that do?