autowatch 88rl alarm info/instructions

Discussion in 'Security' started by Sciroccotune, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Sciroccotune Forum Member

Hi all,

the new lupo has an autowatch 88rl that done nothing but arm dis arm as there is no central locking.

however i would like to fit 2 electric motors to lock/unlock the doors but im not sure if this alarm will allow the use of motors or even support cl.

anyone got any info?

i have emailed the company but not sure if they will get back to me. [:s]

cheers. [:D]

2. Sciroccotune Forum Member

3. vidfletch Forum Member

Phone them and ask for somebody in their Technical department. When I had problems with my Autowatch immobilser I called first and got a woman who gave the number for a completely useless Scottish Sales agent. Out of frustration I called back and asked for someone with technical knowledge and got an excellent guy who sorted it out for me. He had a South African accent but I can't remember his name. The alarms are made in South Africa.

Tel No. 01732 886777

Vidfletch[:D]

4. Sciroccotune Forum Member

top info mate, will give it a try when i get a chance.

just got a price for a new fob - 28!!

5. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

Autowatch are ok i use them for the Transit upgrade alarm and no problems
    will check with rep if this has CDL on board but i doubt it although it should have a neg whilst armed wire you can add a cdl module to

Ian

Quote from Google:-

Anti-Hijack supported

Autowatch 88 RL

Alarm system with optional single-circuit Immobiliser
    The Autowatch 88RLi security system incorporates several sensing systems to protect your Vehicle. Each time the system is turned on, these sensing systems start to monitor your vehicle and if unauthorised interference is detected, the alarm system will be triggered. The Autowatch 88RL also features an optional immobilisation circuit that can be used to increase the level of protection where your vehicle already has an immobiliser fitted, or to disable the starter circuit (for example) if your vehicle has no immobiliser.

The alarm light (LED) fitted on your dashboard indicates the status of the alarm and also serves as a strong visual deterrent to thieves. The Autowatch 88RL alarm system includes ultrasonic movement sensors, which are able to detect movement inside your vehicle, or a window being broken.

For added protection to your vehicle, a combination of sensors may be installed with the ultrasonic sensors of this alarm system, such as an impact or infrasonic sensor. For enhanced personal safety, the system can be programmed to automatically lock your car doors when driving.

LOOKS GOOD :-)

6. gtiiiiiii Forum Member

I to have an auto watch alarm(160RLi/t) which is ok but the siren has stopped working althigh everything else works, does anyone know if there is a fuse somewhere that works this and may need changed..... sorry for asking on someone elses thread

Scott

7. Sciroccotune Forum Member

from what i have seen of mine, i would follow the wire back to the alarm unit and make sure its not broken, failing that it may have got water in it?

8. gtiiiiiii Forum Member

thanks, i will try that but is there a fuse that could also cause this problem or doesn't the alarm have any fuses?

scott

9. Sciroccotune Forum Member

well i called that number and the guy was very helpful!!!

the alarm has a twin flew brown/brown white low neg pulse so a cl mod and locks can be fitted.

i know what ill be doing later.

cheers guys!

10. Sciroccotune Forum Member

Just to update you guys managed to install new door lock motors and hook it up to the alarm! well happy :)

just have to find out how to disable anti hi jack and it will be spot on (good idea but just annoying as you have to turn the ignition off for the doors to unlock again)

11. Sciroccotune Forum Member

another update, managed to find out how to turn off/ on anti hijack.

Big thanks to a Chap called Terry At Autowatch.

basically.

dis arm the alarm
    turn igg on
    turn igg off
    1 flash turn igg back on
    turn igg off
    2 flash back on
    igg off
    3 flash back on
    igg off

led will flash rapidly - if not repeat above.
    turn off igg
    3 flash back on
    turn off
    3 flash back on
    you will hear 2 beeps

job done - hi jack disabled. :clap:

12. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

I have to say, ive got an autowatch on my goof, and i cant fault it at all, and the led is a blue flasher that is seriously bright!