bad ebay breaker yard

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by pigbladder, Jan 5, 2012.

1. pigbladder Forum Addict

had a poor experiance with the seller below

purchased "hella" lamps and was sent cheapo pattern parts , he became abusive when i complained and didnt refund the moneys promised

so buyer beware

ebay id jg_4_uni

Gray's Metals Ltd,
    Unit 4 Randolph Industrial Estate
    Kirkcaldy,
    KY1 2YX

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

'Honest 'Enry Gray' and sons. :lol: I remember them from my youth, before ebay was invented.

Jean Noble in the yard next door was always much more helpful.

Paypal dispute?

3. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I think you have a good chance of getting a full refund through Ebay/Paypal. I had a seller send me some broken speakers once and managed to go through the system successfully.

4. danster Forum Addict

CGTI has it's own classifieds section, a quick search of posts with Hella spotlight reveals several threads.
    It may be an idea for folks to have a scan there first, before looking to purchase from the big bad world of ebay and scrapyards. :lol:

5. Andy947 Forum Addict

Dirty Fifer, shouldn't expect any less

6. danster Forum Addict

I would think using any general run of the mill motor recyclers / scrapyard may not be the best way to source specific brand parts. There is no way they are going to be as geeky and fussy as us VW enthusiasts with our exact part number requirements.

I am not privy to the details of the sale in this thread, but for balance I have dealt with Gray Recyclers many times, and they have always been straight up in the transactions I have had with them. Providing weight receipts and paying me well for the scrap and cars they have recycled for me.

7. retrowhore Forum Member

Good to see a balanced view on here before a full on slating. :p

8. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Iguess mistakes in listings can be made but refusing to refund on valid grounds is unacceptable.