Badgerwagen Castle Combe Saloons Class WIN and P3 Overall-woohoo

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by badger5, Aug 4, 2007.

1. POL

pol Forum Member

congratulations. as predicted the reliability has come good.

merlin motorsport do an axial fan that can be mounted in cabin to blow air at driver.

losing weight will not be that much of a challenge. id look to go for full weld-in multipoint cage poly-carb glass and get rid of all non essential trim, brackets, motors etc.

2. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

regs prohibit some of what you suggest (although looking at some other cars in the c'ship you wonder if people read them let alone enforce them)

glass must remain.
    I have std dash in there with all the Oe crap that contains.. wiring is complete for a whole bunch of stuff that no longer lives in the car either.

winter project is new ecu (S60 DTA) and different turbo setup, cage and weight reduction.
    I have full heater/fans working now but on flat out they still did'nt stop my lardy **** from baking without being able to crack both front windows down a smidge. leccy windows have gone weird.. functionally work, but controller, whereever that is (inside motors) does not respond to switches. they do wind all the way down and up when they feel like it, but not off the switches, only when battery master switch is turned on usually. random. & annoying

Weld in multipoint vs upgrading my bolt in to something more suited. Rear half is ok, front half could do with being close to a pillars (no where near em currently) and tying side to side and to turrets.. Mines a Custom Cages unit @ the mo. May need to speak to them and discuss options. Caged also do some good work I am told.

3. mk1g60turbo Forum Member

Well done bill, cracking effort matey.

Seems like you have a busy winter!!

4. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Nice one Bill.

5. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

The rollcentre are 400 a cage cheaper than CC for the full monty multipoint cage;) and just as good quality, you will be amazed with the difference.

Then stick some ohlins shockers on and you be untouchable. Sounds like you on the way anyway Bill

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Great work that man :thumbup:

On the cage, main thing is to get the car booked in whereever you decide, soon as. Custom Cages are booked up for several weeks in the closed season. When Kev had his done, there was something to do with putting the cage through to the engine bay which wasn't done on his - engine out I believe & his wasn't. Distant recollection of screen also possibly having to come out.

7. fthaimike Forum Addict

When's the next race Bill?

8. badger5

Where are rollcentre based?
    Are the ohlins you refer to remote resevoir (as they're not permitted in combe saloon regs) - I run 2 way Kw's at the mo. still trying to figure out which are the right settings on them.. lol

9. badger5

August Bank Holiday Monday 27th August is next race

I am going to the autometrix combe day this saturday also to tool around a bit... play with tyre pressures and stuff, and enjoy a relaxing track day hopefully.

10. badger5

Engine out! Screen out.. doh!
    lots of work this winter then.

new g'box on order for it now... 5-6 weeks away from completion, might get it in before season end... maybe.

ker-ching

anyone got spare money they wanna throw at badgerwagen sponsorship?? :p

11. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

well done bill...i will be there for the bank holiday race...or maybe i should stay away as you do better without me there lol

12. TrackCab16v Forum Member

all that hard work ,determination , and skill full driving now paying off , fantastic detailed write up , great result bill , good luck for the next one ,

13. H2Zero Forum Member

Bill ... how did u do it, how could you remembered all that happend on the track while keeping focus. Anyway congrats...

14. fthaimike Forum Addict

No vids yourself this time around Bill?

15. challice Forum Member

well done i was there an you were flying...car looks nuts:clap:

16. badger5

no vids mike.. stupid badger took the wrong lead from the camera to the Hd recorder..

17. Kitsune Forum Member

Excellent result, well done mate and a well detailed write up again. Do you have someone taking notes as your driving along!? I think after all that action I wouldn't be able to recall which way round the track I just went!

18. badger5

lol-its from memory.
    its burned into my brain.. memory of a goldfish at other times, total recall at others..
    my brains wired up weird I guess. adrenalin writes into the brain harder maybe.. lol

19. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Bill rollcentre are in st ives, cambridge
    The ohlins are a remote reserve damper but you can get them without it and are considered the cream but worth it

Also you have a pm form me concerning other things top secret

20. badger5

replied mike.. thanks