Bass with out a sub!

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Quiksilver, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Paid Member Paid Member

Whats the best way to get bass with out a sub!

2. madmonkey Forum Addict

Ain't no substitute for a sub, just gotto wire mine in, *sigh* no garage, cold, wet, dark, lifting of carpets, removal of seats. Maybe in another couple of months. :)

3. mr purple Forum Member

Buy some decent components, won't take the place of a sub but will give a lot more mid bass than the standard kark can muster.

4. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

if you already have a decent set of speakers, then it might be any idea to amp them as that will help.

how come you dont want a sub? you could get an 8" in a small box, if you are worried about space, you would be suprised how much bass you get from a small sub, so long as you get a decent one!

tim

5. mr purple Forum Member

8" sub is hardly worth the time of day IMO, better off spending 150 on a pair of 6" components for the front, will totally transform the sound. Will sound even better of a separate amp at a later date. [:D]

6. Jeff Forum Junkie

I think a lot of the bass you lose from the door / dash speakers is down to poor mounting. get some door pods with decent components in, you'd be surprised how much bass you can get! but any speaker is wasted without a good mounting - thats why subs sound pants mounted in parcel shelves!

7. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

ever tried some decent 6x9s or 7x10s boxed,pretty impressive result ;)
    i know it may not be the best thing for the speakers.
    before stripping the mk1,i had 6x9 alpines in the rear quarters in custom cards and packed them behind with loft insulation.did the job until the 12" xplods came along. [:D]
    (quote m/s)before stripping the mk1,didnt move with all that sh1t! :lol:
    Edited by: riley

8. Madbloke Forum Member

Seeings you dont want to use your boot space for a sub run a set of comps up front and also a set of 8" subs.

They will need an enclosure behind them (fibreglass is more suited for this job due to space restrictions) and also will need to be built out a bit to allow for clearance of the window ehen going up and down (unless you have early MK2 2 piece window doors).

It will be a bit fiddly to construct a build of this type but its not impossible and you get to retain your boot space.

Currently i'm looking at running a set of 9"s up front along with 6.5 comps that are already in there

9. Golf_BlokeMK2 Forum Member

I installed my two 12" subs in the rear seats, cut two big holes in them and mounted them behind perspex with neons...its funny when back seat passengers come in :)

10. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Try a couple of AURA Bass Shakers.