Battery for Dell Inspiron Laptop

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Mikey, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Mikey Forum Member

I need a new battery for my Dell Inspiron 1545 (get a message up saying its near the end of its life). Where can I get a reasonable & good quality battery online?

Is it best to get a genuine Dell one for 60 ish or would a 30 non-genuine be ok (some are lower ah rated & lower cells too) - would this make a difference bearing in mind that the laptops plugged into the power supply & not moved 80% of the time anyway

2. Admin Guest

Problem with laptops being plugged in to the mains most of the time it ruins the battery over time. Failed Dell batteries can cause the laptop not to startup even with the mains in.

I've bought cheap replacement batteries from the bay and they seem ok. If you're using it on mains lots then save yourself some cash and buy a cheaper one.

3. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

My Dell has been trying to tell me that the battery needs replacing for about 3 years now. Ignore it unless you use it on battery a lot. Mine lasts all of about 10 minutes on the battery, but I never use it any more so that's fine for me.