Berg-Cup mk1 body panels

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by fthaimike, Jun 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

i know mike [:$] was just showing mine for comparison [:D] and i miss it [:^(]

i will put it back together one day kirby [:D]

neil.

2. pol8 Forum Member

for those that seen the aw tracksport stand at gti track show the berg cup style mk1 kit with 4 fat arches and front spoiler will be available soon.

i have decided to 'share' the fatboy kit i have sourced for my car with anyone else that wants it. moulds are shortly going to be made, once prices are confirmed i'll post them up.

pm me if you want the details by pm whenever i get them.

p.s. rims on berg cup mk1's are generally 9x15 with either low offset rims or as is generally the case, widetrack conversion. if you have a look about proper 9x15 lightweight rims are rather hard to find and very expensive when you do find them. 8x13 and 9x13 and similar sizes give the required width.

3. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

:thumbup: been following your quest on the vortex m8.

good luck sorting the kits,any pics of the exact kit you may be able to offer?

sounds like a 9x14 et15??? would do the trick then? could use spacers to get them sat right anyway.

neil. :)

4. fthaimike Forum Addict

so they are running wide-track conversions front & back, how hard is this on a mk1?

Anypics of the kit your doing mate?

5. altern8 Forum Junkie

6. pol8 Forum Member

wide track rear can be achieved with rear hub spacer plates and longer bolts or some rather wide hub centric spacers and low offset rims.

not quite sure on how they are doing the fronts. a solution i know of is the aw tracksport wide track mk1 front wishbones. pricey but they will do the job and more...

with front widetrack conversion alternative driveshafts might be needed. can't remember exact details on it.

i have a couple of pics of the arches but don't think i took any of the front spoiler before it went to get moulded. i'll see what i an dig out. as soon as moulds are done i will have proper pictures and info.

7. altern8 Forum Junkie

[:D] cant wait

8. fthaimike Forum Addict

Does anyone have any pics of such conversions or guides for a mk1?

9. pol8 Forum Member

ok dokey boys and girls moulds are done!

kit's will be retailing for 390.
    that includes front spoiler and 4 arches.
    kit's will be on show at aw tracksport stand at e38.
    there is also going to be a single skin kicker spoiler available which we may do at a discount price for the first few kits sold.

if you want one to collect at e38 show you'll save 20 on carriage straight away!

also hope to have prices for various other panel prices available for e38 show! wings, tailgates, bonnets, already got doors and dash available.

10. fthaimike Forum Addict

so were they on display at e38 after? & any pics for the peeps? ;)

11. altern8 Forum Junkie

i saw one being sold :)

12. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

and they said they were making mk2 ones [:D]

13. pol8 Forum Member

you saw me walking away with the original kit the moulds were taken from.

i'll have pictures of the kit's up soon. aw tracksport will also have every lightweight panel you can get available soon for mk1 golf. tailgate 150, bonnet 150, front wings 85 plus there will be a kit price for these, already do doors and fatboy kits 390.

might make moulds for fatboy mk2's if there is enough intrest.

14. fthaimike Forum Addict

doors? what are they made from & what about strength?

how much will the mk1 kit's be & what's exactlly in them?

15. pol8 Forum Member

doors are single skin fibreglass about 4/5mm thick, they are moulded from original doors and retain the shape and original panel lines. they weigh bugger all and have a mounting round the inner window for putting in plastic windows. can't remember the price of them off the top of my head. they are strong enough to be used on a racer but i wouldnt use them unless you have door bars as part of your cage.

there is the fatboy kit which is 4 fat arches and a front spoiler with optional kicker spoiler.

we are looking to put together a basic lightweight kit with 2x front wings, bonnet and tailgate. the tailgates and bonnets will have frames to stop them sagging they are a bit more expensive and weigh slightly more than the outer skin only ones.

we may also look at a full on lightweight kit price for wings, bonnet, tailgate, doors, fatboy kit and kicker spoiler if anyone is interested.

16. fthaimike Forum Addict

I will be but i need to source up a front & rear panel (valance?) for my mk1 1st.

17. pol8 Forum Member

sorry for the delay.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

available from AW Tracksport in the UK. www.awtracksport.co.uk can turn a kit around in 14days from taking your order if there isn't one made already!

390 + postage
    call Andy 01507 522242

18. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Bump for an old Berg thread in case there's anything worth dragging out of it?

19. fthaimike Forum Addict

Blast from the past Chris.....& to think it took me another 3 years to finally get the kit :lol: .

20. POL

pol Forum Member

blast from the past indeed. fianlly got the car done and everything. quite funny though as i've got my mates car in the unit which is sitting looking exactly like mine does in those photos above. :) somethings never change...