Best online photo account for all types of t'internet users?

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by A.N. Other, Apr 24, 2012.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

A friend of mine has asked me to set up an account for his wedding photos, so I am trying to work out which one to choose.

It needs to be:

- passworded for login
    - have nice gallery features
    - preferably hi-res uploads
    - preferably free!

I use photobucket all the time for the forum, but IMO the directory navigation / gallery features are crap.

I am tempted by Flickr, but can't work out if it has passworded logins, or whether it will let people in who don't have Google logins or Faceparty accounts. Obviously it's a case of trying to make sure everyone from luddites upwards gets to see them!

What would you recommend?

2. andypaterson Forum Member

Picasa is pretty good.

Can set albums as Public or restricted, nice clean interface, desktop software to make uploading easy, face recognition, slideshow etc.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  3. barny Forum Member

Not sure but have a look at photobox, i've a pro account so it lets me create galleries for clients which can be password protected so they can look at and then buy prints.....

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

have a look at google images, not sure on the security features as i dont use. i like it because it works with web url redirection which most other sites dont. need it so my pictures still work if i change hosts!

5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Cheers for the input.

Good suggestion about Picasa but having watched this vid, it's seriously sophisticated!

[YOUTUBE]rskC6c_5L1M[/YOUTUBE]

Photobox was a thought. I only ever use it for prints, but I think I'm erring towards it! I reckon the luddites will like it more!

6. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I have a Flickr Pro account. I dont mind paying the fees, as it makes the photos look lovely. There is much better compression used compared to photobucket etc.

The only thing i miss, and it could be because i havent found an option for it, is selecting a big batch of photos and being able to grab the img tags for them all.

7. enc. Forum Member

i have both flickr and photobbucket. flickr images do look better and the account allows for 90 second video uploads too.