Best Rods for AMK 1.8T engine

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by kells, Jun 24, 2012.

1. kells Forum Member

what rods can you recommend me for my AMK ?

also price ?

cheers

2. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Ie ones.. 299 non rifle drilled, 399 for rifle drilled (advised by me)
    +vat and delivery

3. kells Forum Member

cheers for the reply, what is the riffle drilling best for, i know the OEM ones have this but am i gonna hit any problems running Non riffle drilled type.. car is daily driver, 40 odd thousand miles on the engine

4. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

lube the small end.. in my experience, non-rifled cannot be relied upon to keep small end pin wear down... they develop rattles over time.
    several guys I know have had this and changed to rifle drilled instead.

5. Camille Saint New Member

/AMK is the same deal....dont know why the engine code BAM has become a more desired engine...all have small port heads, con rods made of ... a AGU or one of the cheaper 1.8t engines with a K03 and not so much hype.

6. Dclarke Forum Member

Yeah I agree, I suspect the hype surrounds the fact that the BAM is '225 bhp' which get's everyone excited but most people know it's down to the management (and a KO4). An AGU is a lot better choice for big power as larger ports, bigger gudgeon pins etc. AGU for me all day long.

7. Dclarke Forum Member

Yeah I agree, I suspect the hype surrounds the fact that the BAM is '225 bhp' which get's everyone excited but most people know it's down to the management (and a KO4). An AGU is a lot better choice for big power as larger ports, bigger gudgeon pins etc. AGU for me all day long.

8. carlg Forum Member

yep plus an agu is normally half or less of the price.... the last 20vt engine i picked up was a long block from a alhambra for (AJH) 60 lol

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014