bg44k fuel system cleaner

Discussion in '16-valve' started by jimyrodger, Jul 13, 2011.

1. jimyrodger New Member

the bg44k cleaner claims to be the dogs bol**cks. iv looked at some reviews and they are mainly positive, but i have herd so much negative stuff about similar products. there is no doubt that the stuff does a good job of cleaning off carbon and general shi*ty build ups fom over the years but will it damage seals. i dont wanna be destroying rubber.
    if anyone has used this product or knows someone that has, please can u tell me how it went.
    thank u

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

so whats the problem youre trying to fix?

3. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

If your car has a fuelling problem its more than likely going to be a 20 year old component failing, rather than anything else.

4. jimyrodger New Member

im not experiencing any fuelling problems. i just though that a good clean out would do the old beast some good. or am i just wasting my time?

5. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Wasting your time,

I put every injector cleaning going through my M20, didn't make the blindest bit of difference, what sorted my problem in the end was a spare set of injectors cleaned & rebuilt by http://injectortune.co.uk/ which I then swapped into my car. I got them done for 10 each which includes before & after flow rates report, all new seals and pintle caps but not return postage :thumbup: