Big day out in NZ

Discussion in 'Music' started by Admin, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Admin Guest

click here for artist listings

i saw the free stylers-they rocked! need the new album!
    a band called shapeshifters, a NZ drum and bass act similar to roni size and equally as good, they rocked too! need that album,
    kid606, brilliant dj, not sure where he was from.

The streets, my sister made me go with her to watch them, they were poo! guys a knob!

the beastie boys, we had to endure system of a down for 45mins [xx(] :lol: to get a good spot at the front to see the BB, who rocked! though the mosh pit was a dnagerous place and my feet never touched the floor for an hour and a half!!!! was worried about my little sister who was with me and my brother-he got lost in the crowds! their set was a bit mixed, could of played more well known tune ie all the anthems rather than the bizarre filler stuff [:x] [xx(] [:s] [:^(]

then the night ended with the chemical brothers ( we had to miss the first half hour due to the clash of them and the BB [:^(] [:^(] :clap: [:s] ) but they rocked out too!!!!! the tent they were in was massive and it was rammed!!!!

was upset as i missed slipknot too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    loads of goth/grungy type childrem wandering around waiting to see them!

all in all a top day out in the sun, beats homelands!

2. KidKoala Forum Member

The freestylers always pull off a fat set. Were they DJing? Or was it live band stuff? I prefer their DJ sets, much heavier.

Raw as f**k is a cracking album, but be prepared to hear some seriously cheesy songs. It was an album made for a bit of everything really, from really dark breaks, to cheesy vocal breaks.

Punks has to be one of the best tunes on that album for me.

Also consider buying Freestylers - Fabriclive. That is a really heavy set, and is typical of any of their DJ sets really, so would probably hold yer memories of NZ

:clap:
    He is a yankee believe it or not, from Cali i believe.

Urgh, shame he dissapointed you, not everyones cuppa tea tbh. The older tunes the best IMO.

Did their high pitch rhyming give you tinitus in the end? :lol:

System of a down though, [xx(] really not my cuppa tea either.
    Seen 'em at Glasto 04, amazing stuff, did they have any lazers set up? Shame you missed half their set, I missed most their set at glast too!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , yeah right :lol: :lol:

Why did you come back then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

3. Admin Guest

not back for another two weeks! ;) its just late and i'm awake and had no net access for a few days.time to catch up on a few things.

the BB were fab but could of played a better set.

freestylers were a live band, played punks was top tune!!! MC was on fire!!!! female singer was wearing very little up top, no pics sadly... [:^(] [:$]

the chems had the lasers, save as fck!

4. KidKoala Forum Member

I need a holiday :lol: won't be going anywhere until my next trip to ireland.

5. Admin Guest

well i have more or less spanked this years holiday [:^(] [:D]