Bike Carb Conversion Help Pleaseeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by MARRKUSZ, Dec 17, 2009.

1. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

Hi Does Any One Know What Bike Carbs I Can Use And And What I Will Need To Set It Up On A Mk2 Golf 1.8 8v Gti Thats Camed And Gasflowed Head.

Any One With Any Info Please Let Me Know What I Will Need To Do It And What Carbs I Should Use Ive Been Give A Set On Cbr600 Carbs Are They Any Good?

2. atlas2l8v Forum Member

sure a few people have used cbr 600 carbs, im fitting to a 16v but sure options are similar

As for fitting,

MANIFOLD
    either cut down manifold and connect to carbs via length of silicon tube (think i read 300 -350mm from valve to trumpets best) shorter high end power, longer low down power or get proper job made up (BOGG BROTHERS)

FUEL
    Block off return lines just need one feed up

PUMP
    Use bike pump like from R1 with built in regulator. This ensures the pressure is right and saves having to buy a filter king regulator etc

THROTTLE
    Adapt cable to fit to carbs

CARBS
    jets need to be i think from memory 175 size for a 16v..may bit less on the 8v

Loads of other bits to understand but quite simple

Then get down to someone with a rolling road who can set up properly

G-Unit helped me a lot so far through conversion and will no doubt contribute mate

3. atlas2l8v Forum Member

oh forgot to say on manifold block off injector seats with radiator stop ends or sump plugs

4. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

Wicked Yh The Convertion Will Be On A 8v Gti Wich Has Got 285 Pipper Cam 2l 8v Head Ported And Gasflowed And 4-2-1 Ex Mainfold.

O Yh And On The Carbs Ive Got There A Pipe Were If U Blow Down It It Moves The Plastic Things In Side The Carbs Were Do I Conect That Pipe To?
    Cheers Mark

5. atlas2l8v Forum Member

6. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

Cheers Fellers. :)

7. gunit-84 Forum Member

the pipe your blowing down sounds like a breather, if it is just leave it to vent to atmosphere. get some pictures up so we can check.

as for a manifold, its a little tuffer with the 8v set up but has been done before. search the forum there are a few threads and pictures about!

as for jet size, start at 170's (drill out the originals with a 1.7mm drill bit) and see what they say when you get it set up.

hope this helps!

8. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

o sweet cheers mate yh ile get some pics for the carbs agine there cbr600 so im not sure if there gonna be that great with my engine cammed and head gasflowed. what carbs would you rekmend? cheers mark

9. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

heres the pics of the carbs and the pic of the 2 pipes but its the middle one im taking about when you blow down it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. gunit-84 Forum Member

yeah they look like breathers to me, cant be 100% tho. as for your setup measure the opening of the carbs, anything around 36mm to 40mm should be fine i would have thought.

11. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

sweet cheers mate it wont be untill after chrismas now lool but i will let you know when i get my new head on and the carbs sorted cheers mate.

12. Rapid_Gav Forum Member

I phoned BB for a bike carb manifold for my 8v but was told that they don't touch them cause of the close proxcimity of ports 2 & 3.

I have tried unsucssefully to make my own, think I'm up to my third version now [xx(]

I'm keep to see how you get on, keep us posted!

13. Razzer Forum Member

Hi,
    try ringing MIKEANICS Motorsport based in Cheshire 01260 297115
    they should be able to help

14. gunit-84 Forum Member

look for a gut called Dubfab on ebay or on hear. hes from melbourne derbyshire. im sure he can make them.

*edit* Dubfab1 on ebay

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  15. rabbit16V New Member

Hello.

I'm thinking also to put some bike carb on my 9a engine.
    I have a question: instead of trying to put a bended manifold isn't possible to detach the carbs and make a gap between them to suite exactly on the position of the intake holes and that way the intake manifold will be much easier to make.

16. G60RCaol Forum Member

It's possible, but then you'd have more trouble than it was worth trying to balance them up perfectly again

17. NAY

nay New Member

hi guys im new on here and im in the process of putting cbr 600 bike carbs on my 2.1 8 valve its all going in my 1.1 mk 1 ive moved the engine mount back and had the engine bay painted,im now on the engine...i too got the same responce off bogg brothers.so im making my own....i will have lots of daft simple and plain wierd questions for you guys as ive been into aircooled for 20 years and dont really have a clue about tha water cooled side.....however i do have some info i have got off the guy who is going to tune it when its done....

one thing he did say, is they must sit exactly or very close to how they sat on the bikeotherwise you will have problems with surgeing when you are at cruiseing speed....

im making my own manifold so ill keep you updated with pictures as i go....get in touch if you want one making aswell.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nay

18. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

cheers guys for the info ile let you know how i get on once ive sorted a set of carbs out and yh NAY ile be intrested in a manifold if you mannage to make one. let me know how you do and we can sort out a price. cheers mark

19. MARRKUSZ Forum Member

also it wont be a 1.8 8v any one it will be for a 2.0 8v ported/gasflowed/cammed/4-2-1 s&s. so what carbs would be ideal????

20. olipirate Forum Member

the cbr carbs will be just fine, speak to others running similar setups to work out rough jetting and buy a few sizes around that and have a play see what works for you.

Space the needles up aswell or youll underfuel big time.