Bluebell competition?

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by Dubmeister1997, Apr 21, 2009.

1. should we have a bluebell competiton? these flowers are only around for about a week every year and our woodlands are absolutely covered with them.

Anyone got any photos?

2. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Mine are still only in bud yet in the garden, but I'll take some pics once they're in flower.

3. you gotta come down to the sunny south, they are out in full force! here are some I took on my lunch break yesterday...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fantastic. blue as far as the eye can see! there was a constant drone of bee in the woods as well!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  4. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Fabulous. And nice pictures.

5. hmmm. not bad for a phone I thought!

6. Winso Forum Member

Was out taking some photos on saturday and accidentally found myself in a privately owned but very nice bit of bluebell filled wood!

[​IMG]

7. OOOPS! very nice. where was that?

i 'stumbled' into a privately owned wood on sunday near Winchester, looked kinda similar to that ( i think it's owned by IBM!)

wide angle lens?

8. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Now that the ones in my garden have finally come into flower, here's a photo of mine.

[​IMG]

9. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

all cracking photo's!!! i'm only using my camera to take pictures of old car bits at the moment [:$] be glad when the bugger is finished and i have some time again

10. ivegotagti Forum Member

11. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Very nice. :thumbup:

[​IMG]

(Right click - copy, right click - paste, BTW...;) )

12. ivegotagti Forum Member

its that easy?!?!

doh!

sorry!

13. very arty, i like the varied focus (don't know what it's technically called...)

14. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Yours look like proper English bluebells, whilst the ones in my garden are the Spanish variety. Although they are pretty, I've been told they cross-pollinate with the English variety, which will eventually be lost in their pure form!

15. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

Well here is one of mine. Photobucket just dont want to play ball with me today!

[​IMG]

Will try and get the rest up later on!

16. I've no idea what the difference is, other than the fact that they flower at different times, i think the 'English' blubells have droopier flower heads.

17. stella

stella Forum Junkie

The English flowers hang from one side of the stem, whereas the Spanish ones grow from all round the stem. So I'm told.

18. Aha! that explains why they droop to one side then!

19. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I wanted to `enter` this when it first appeared and was hoping my local park would have some bluebells in flower by now, but no luck...

Went to All Types at the weekend, and happened across some in the castle gardens. :thumbup:

Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and none of the pics in the Flickr set are my entry for the May photo comp...;)