Bora electrics

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by stella, Dec 18, 2011.

1. stella

stella Forum Junkie

For months my driver's door lock has been stiff, then unusable and had to unlock passenger door then go round to get in my side.

Then rear n/s passenger door won't open.

Mate has cleaned up driver door lock a bit and it worked again for a few days. Then it got stiff again, then weird electrics started.

Driver door won't stay shut - have to lock it or tie it with dog lead! First time ever, headlamps on warning buzz came on even before I opened the door and got out and shut it. Then the 'door open' warning came on and stayed on for a few days (now gone off again). The interior lights stayed on when doors were shut, as did the lights on bottom inside of front doors.

I've ordered some new locks (second hand) from a chap on here and waiting for them arrive and be fitted by a mate.

Is all this funny electric stuff to do with the faulty driver lock? Do you suppose all will be back to normal with a new lock?

Am rather worried it's major electrical wiring work and as I've just lost my job, I don't have any money to spare for it.

Any ideas what's causing it all? Or cheap fixes?

2. nealey Forum Junkie

does definately sound like the drivers door lock is faulty

3. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Have just bought some second-hand locks from someone on here, so hoping that replacing them will help to sort out the electric problems - it is very disconcerting to be driving along the road to work and suddenly teh driver's door swings open! So far I've managed not to clout anyone yet