BOV & Driverter

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by ChicagoGTI, Jan 24, 2004.

1. ChicagoGTI New Member

Okay so I got ta thinking... I am still waiting for my Turbo XS Driverter.. but before that I bought a BOV Stage III....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I figured a way how to use it... since the style is like my old APEXi BOV... I this BOV came with a horn.. I just attached the hose to the horn... and the rest of the holes of the BOV is atmosphere style... so it releases in the air and re-circulating back in.. hmmm

Edited by: ChicagoGTI

2. ausgolfer Forum Member

I don't mean to be rude but for a more efficient BOV you should mount it as close to the throttle body as possible, and after the intercooler(this also helps keep inlet temps down since it is recirculating). It just makes things a little smother(venting etc).

3. ausgolfer Forum Member

Nice car though. I'm sure it kicks ass anyway.
    :)

4. ChicagoGTI New Member

yeah i Plan on doing that... this is temporary for now till I full break in the car.. then i will mount the FMIC and replace all piping..... and add all my other goodies...

as of rite now I only installed my Filter and BOV...

all other parts just sitting here [:s]

Can't really floor it.. still snowing here so it really not in no rush to install them..
    Edited by: ChicagoGTI

5. ChicagoGTI New Member

I went to a hardware store and got some piping.. I tapped out one of the holes and put an elbow so now I have the horn releasing the excess boost in the air and the elbow re-circulating back to the engine.. I connected a air fuel meter and runnin pretty good... no richness at all...

6. Rallye Forum Junkie

whats that spliced into the BOV signal line?

7. ChicagoGTI New Member

that's for the boost gauge..