Brake Bleeding woes...ABS/Non ABS the cause...? Please help...

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by StueyB, Apr 30, 2012.

1. StueyB New Member

A friend of mine has almost completed a rather tidy little Vento Supercharged project but has hit a small problem and I'm hoping someone on here can shed some light on it.

Car is a VW Vento with what is essentially a freshly rebuilt G60 lump just fitted, instead of the G charger he's using a Eaton Merc unit but it's running pretty much OE management for the time being with an SNS Chip as far as I'm aware. All works lovely jubbley...

Now for the problem...he's come to bleed up the brakes after fitting all new lines, discs, pads, refurbed calipers la la la and he's getting weird pressure issues. Bleeds up fine, solid pedal then all of a sudden loses the pedal.*

He'a got no leaks, rear bias valve seems fine, trained lorry mechanic so he's no monkey with a wrench.*

The only thing we can think is he's not running ABS but has used an ABS servo and master cylinder due to it already being fitted.

Could this be the cause of the issue..?

Any help/advice greatly received guys.

Stu

2. chris_d_1986 New Member

was birkenhead, merseyside now kirkby stephen, cum
    i fitted a abs servo n master cylender to my mk2 with no problems, but it dose sound like the master cylender has failed. have you used a easybleed or have you bin pumping the pedal?