Brake linkage reassembly mk2 scirocco

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Rocco_Balboa, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Rocco_Balboa Paid Member Paid Member

[​IMG]Inked013128000_LI by Paul Miller, on Flickr
    Got my brake linkage back from the powder coaters all nice and black again so I'm in the process of rebuilding the whole brake pedal to servo linkage with the help of a diagram.

I seem to be missing part no "25" 172 721 741 o-ring which i should have 4 off but I'm positive i bagged and tagged everything when i disassembled the linkage so they might have beeen missing already?

Anyway I can't find anywhere to order them ,I've tried checking ekta online for the specs i.e metal rubber dimensions but nothing comes up so I'm tempted just to put everything back together till I find a supplier.

I know I could just buy another 2nd hand full linkage and rob the bits off it but I cant justify paying over 50 quid for a few washers so if anyone knows the specs of these I would appreciate it

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

It looks like it's just for keeping dirt out of that rotating assembly. Any small o ring that fits, should be OK.

3. Rocco_Balboa Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers,found something suitable and threw them on :thumbup:
    Tomorrow I'll need to tackle the brake pedal return spring again as I gave up earlier.
    Theres no tension on it ,almost as if it needs to wind around the pedal another revolution but the access to achieve this is horrendous and I ran out of patience and swear words

4. Rocco_Balboa Paid Member Paid Member

[​IMG]2022-04-24_06-22-00 by Paul Miller, on Flickr

Can anyone take a pic of their brake pedal return spring insitu on their mk1? mines looks as if its unwound itself 1 revolution as its as slack as hell around the pivot bush. I've tried forcing it back around but there's too much tension on it and barley enough room to manoeuvre a pair of long nose pliers.

I'm assuming this spring returns the brake pedal under tension even without the clevis from the brake linkage connected back up?
    I've looked at the haynes for info but all it states is to note the spring location before removal which doesn't help much