Can anybody recommended a good alarm/immobiliser

Discussion in 'Security' started by Flanners, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Flanners New Member

Hi, I own a 91 reg 8v which has a Pirhana sc18 alarm/immobiliser fitted. Not sure it's working properly and would like to upgrade it as it's v old and insurance company 'can't find' it listed!!! What would you recommend having fitted? Grateful for any advice!!! Thanks

.... Forgot to mention we're prepared to pay for a good one, not looking for a cheapie one as the car is a pretty good example. Cheers

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  2. geany Forum Member

clifford all the way CAT 1 if your willing to pay. or the Viper with the paging system not sure if its insurance approved but a damn good alarm. Heard good things about the Toad AI606 think im gunna go for that as its a bit cheaper.

3. Flanners New Member

Great, thanks for that!! Have you had a price for a Clifford? Got the toad down as a possible, seen you can get them installed for around 200.

4. geany Forum Member

yer thats the ebay jobbie aint it?? heard some good and bad things about them mostly good thou.

think when i priced a clifford cat 1 it was about 400 ish i know to have the Toad AI606 fitted in an approved center as such its about 280. Its something im in the process of sorting i have an immobiliser but not an alarm.

just whenever i have a few hundred quid it goes on a games console or tattoos or guitar stuff. Im awful with money think its cos im rubbish with priorities.

Anyway i searched on the old google for "car alarms hampshire" and LOADS came up just rang about and got some quotes.

5. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I`ve got a Cobra cat 1 and a Clifford 600, both have never given me any problems.

6. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

Toad Ai606, got mine done for 200 at a recommended retailer

7. noms2000 Forum Member

Cobra Cat 1. Excellent security.

8. MotorGuard Forum Member

Clifford or viper is your best bet. Both have Cat 1 models, the clifford will come with warnaway and blackjax anti-hijack as standard and the viper will come with a cool 2 way LCD remote pager. We have the viper on offer for 299 pounds and the clifford for 350 pounds

www.motorguarduk.co.uk

9. Robbie

Robbie Forum Member

Cobra 7928 Cat 1 with immob. Selling em for just over 100 at car audio centre (not fitted though)..

10. Flanners New Member

Thanks all for your help! Looked into the two names that came up the most, the Toad AI606 and a Cobra... looked at another post on here about the Toad and it sounds quite complicated to use - anyone that's got one already, is it complicated??

11. geany Forum Member

surely its press a button open and press a button close right?? well near as.

my mate has a toad AI606 hasnt failed him yet. im not sure what you mean by hard to use. its just a remote that opens it and shuts and locks it. If you get full closure and remote start and what not that may cause issues.

12. Flanners New Member

OK yeah that's what I thought, guess the more ad ons you get the more theres to get used to. Thanks geany!

13. MotorGuard Forum Member

toad is just a standard cat 1 and is easy to use

14. Flanners New Member

OK great, have just booked it in for a Toad AI606 fitted. Cheers everyone

15. geany Forum Member

how much that set you back then?? need to book mine in next week

16. Flanners New Member

210 all inc.