Carburettor 2E3

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by acakololec, Dec 11, 2010.

1. acakololec New Member

I was in the carburetor service and explained the problem I have. People have told me to turn the screw located in the part where you connect the water hose, but when the engine is cold. Because as a butterfly does not close until the end.
    I think it has nothing to do with my problem, and that they wanted me to settle quickly.
    So I still have a problem with a cold start.

Red ring
    [​IMG]

2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

That bolt holds the water-housing onto the part which contains the bimetallic spiral choke spring. Don't try to turn it on its own, or you'll break the seals that hold the coolant in.

If you want to adjust the tension in the choke spring, you first need to loosen the 3 clamping screws that hold the clamp ring in place, then just rotate (a little) the whole metal part that the red-ringed bolt is at the end of.

If you have primed the choke with the accelerator pedal, the choke flap should be just completely closed (assuming that the temperature is cold enough - say under 5C approx.).

If it isn't, adjust the angle of the water-housing/spring housing until it is, then do up the 3 clamp screws again. You should soon see whether you are turning it in the correct direction. If this change makes things worse, try going the other direction.

:thumbup:

3. xipsilon New Member

Hi, I doubt this carb 2E3 will run wellon your engine as it is designed for 1.3l engines, why don't you look for 2E2