central locking problem on GTi MkiV 02 plate

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by awebbuk2007, Aug 14, 2009.

1. awebbuk2007 New Member

About a month ago my rear right passenger door lock stopped opening with the key fob and key. You could pull the handle and the lock would lift but when you tried to hold it up and let go of the handle it would pull back into the door. Now the front passenger door has done the same (just last weekend). When you press the fob you can hear the central locking mechanism but I think the there is no sound coming from the two faulty doors.

This is a problem in its self but it gets worse. To get this diagnosed it actually works out more cost effective to go to a VW Dealership, obviously the work required could ruin my pocket but will get to that when it happens. I have spoke to 4 independant garages and 1 had a look and said take it to VW and the others wanted so much money for diagnosing it wasnt worth it.

I am taking it in to VW on Tuesday but here is where I started to panic, when i spoke to the guy at VW, He said if they cannot get it diagnosed with the test equipment they will have to get the door panels off to get into the locking mechanism............................Thats when he said they may have to break the panels open to do this (as the doors wont open). How can i get the doors open?????????????????????????? and quick lol

Please help if you can

Cheers