central locking

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Scutler, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Scutler Forum Member

The pump works fine but the actuator in the door doesnt move very well,are these all the same part regardless of 3 or 5 door models..? can they be bought new...? need the rods and plastic attachment too..?

andy

2. neil kaye Forum Junkie

drivers door is a white actuator which is just a switch,all the other doors ,boot and petrol flap are the same blue actuator which works on air,they are fairly slow in opperation but if not working well you could have an air leak,actuator broken,or the rod is foueld up
    could even just be the lock mech that needs a drop of oil
    not sure what you can still buy out of that list though

3. Scutler Forum Member

my drivers one is a long blue one...?? 4/5 wires going into it...? it works but not very well and keeps jamming up.

4. neil kaye Forum Junkie

5. harryc Forum Member

Sorry to hijack but got a similar question about central locking. Since removing the rear lock mechanism and replacing it with a new manual one I ve had problems with the rest of my central locking system. Filler cap and passenger door won't unlock, do I need to block the air lines somehow?can see the pump in the boot but don't know where the air lines run?

6. neil kaye Forum Junkie

yes you need to block the air pipe off,or the pump will just run for ages,there should be a pipe in the tailgate,as your looking up at it on the right,under the plastic cover,the pipe runs down the side of the tailgate (drivers side) and links up at the drivers side tail lamp cluster with a T piece,take the T off and replace with a straight piece of rubber tube

7. Scutler Forum Member

nice one,i`ve order that for 4.50 it`s one thing out of the way..just need the plastic piece that holds the rods to the lock mech now....will have to look if theres a seneor somewhere for remote central locking because at the moment its just key.

8. menzfeld19 New Member