Ceramic Brake Pads + Braided lines

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by NateS2, Mar 27, 2020.

1. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

What sort of pads are people running on their MK2? I've got an 8V GTi and will be keeping the standard 8V brakes for the next year or so, and I've been looking into getting some Ceramic pads, as they are low dust and still very high performance. I was going to go with EBC Redstuff but unfortunately they don't make them for the 4011 Caliper. So does anyone have any experience with other pads.

Secondly, HEL or Goodridge? Any feedback or just go with whichever is cheeper?

2. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Black Diamond discs and pads on my 8V and it has steel braided hoses - seem pretty good but I am toying with putting the 16V (256mm discs, calipers and accompanying hubs on it at some stage)
    On my old 16V, I ran Pagid and ATE gear and I found them to be AOK and I drove and braked the nuts off that car

3. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Why are you keeping the stock 239s? Just cut, as you'd get 16v ones for the price of fancy pads.

4. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

In the future I will be sourcing some 16v hubs and most likely Girling-60 or Porsche/Brembo Calipers to fit to these. However, currently all my local scrappers are shut [COVID :(] and I'd like to avoid messing with master cylinder until I take the engine out later in the year.
    I'll have a look at Black Diamond, I've seen them on VWHeritage.