Cheapest new Mk5 GTi?

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by Lofty, Jul 2, 2006.

1. NicD Forum Member

Different circumstances my cheapest quote was 430 a year FC with me and her insured to use it.

It's all half a dozen of one and six of the other, weigh it all up and see whats the best deal for you personally :)

2. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl

insurance on a euro import is no more as it is a uk car, if its a jap/grey or lhd and parts are not readly avavilable then it costs more

3. Lofty Forum Member

what sort of deals are actually available on euro imports? It would have to be better then the 18.5k that the supermarkets charge, any suggestions where i enquire?

4. Lofty Forum Member

Euro Imports offer one for 17995 in basic spec, on the face of it thats only 500 cheaper then the UK spec supermarket cars?

5. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

not sure what country is the cheapest to buy from nowadays. try paces on the coast in belgium they usually have done it all before.

i`ve just been onto vw.be and put in a postcode of a hotel in oostende this gave me the four closest dealers and thier contact details.

best either ringing them or emailing them with your spec and then see what price they give you. obviously if its a very sought after car in the uk which you have to wait to be built the price will reflect that. but if its a normal gti spec that should be easy...

the only thing i thought when i was did it was nobody would know what i`m on about - remember most of the euro people can speak english and the car dealers have done it all before.

my mate used to have the number of a guy who dealt with overstock cars in belgium. he used to buy transit minibuses at 3 for 2 rate.... using them for hire services with no waranty problems at all..

o and alternate fuel cars are sometimes cheaper overseas due to environmentalists so consider that option

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  6. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

but euro imports are the middle men

woud you order a car, ship it ove,r pay wages etc for less than a 1500 pounds cut????

7. gillm

gillm ***** User

uk spec supermarket cars are the same car as richeard from euro imports gets (well they were last year anyway) , a uk spec import with 2 years warrenty