Chinese Democracy

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nordoff, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Nordoff Forum Junkie

It's been 14 years of madness, 14 years of pain, 14 years that're gone for ever and I'll never have again....
    Last guns album I bought on the release date by getting on a bus during lunch time at high school and heading to a town 3 miles away to buy it.

There is no emoticon to describe how happy I am this is finally out.

Listening to the first track on the way home was incredible, thank god there was no passengers because I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've shot me load just listening to an intro.
    Just as f...in brilliant as when they played it at donington 2 years back.
    Shacklers revenge is growing on me as a good track for the treadmill.
    Catcher in the rye seemed a bit lacking in the illegal version but hasn't been improved which is a shame
    Looking forwards to them releasing better as the second single, that's been on my MP3 player in the gym for a while now and I'm glad it hasn't changed.
    There Was A Time was just as incredible as the illegal version released a year ago.
    The blues was always a strong track that's been enhanced so much from the rough live performances of 2 or 3 years ago it's amazing.
    Madagascar needed to get rid of the martin luther bit but never mind.
    Riad and the Bedouins was really cleaned up from the shabby illegal version one of the few tracks where there's been changes and it's worth it.

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

their new single and shacklers revenge are both ****e, but I didn't expect much from the ginger muppet anyway! :thumbup:

3. GarethMK2VR6

GarethMK2VR6 Forum Member

No way they are two **** hot songs, the albums not bad either. Pretty much classic Guns n Roses if you ask me.

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

The news were making great things of the 8 mil they burnt putting this together. Lordy, how did they manage that!

I hope shampoo budgets are being cut so that all the head bangers get their copies, though it'll be interested to see how many copies are sold + piracy estimates.

5. Nordoff Forum Junkie

I heard it was 15million over the years, unless geffen wrote off what they spent.

As for piracy, sure there'll be loads but I'd rather this in the charts that some X factor mime artist so I paid for mine.

6. markbob917 New Member

after all that time countless release dates etc etc etc, finally picked up my copy on monday night on way home from work, loaded it up onto the computer and then my entire 18g music library got corrupted, which in turn corrupted my mp3 players library so i had to initialise it and reload evrything from the back up external hard disk aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh its cursed i tell ya!! still after listening to it a couple of times i dont think its too bad, love chinese democracy and shacklers revenge. stiil not as happy with it as i was with death magnetic though!

7. jApAn Forum Member

I WANT! I'm getting it in HMV soon anyway. Got a gift card for my birthday last week :)

8. GarethMK2VR6

GarethMK2VR6 Forum Member

How weird my library got corrupted too.