chip the ABF?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by idlirp, Jan 26, 2011.

1. idlirp Forum Member

thanks Toyo! glad to hear that is being under development.
    question, how does it compare to the Czech guy selling chips in ebay?

2. lufbramatt Forum Member

Sounds pretty interesting, looking forward to hearing more. Quite interested to get my 241000 mile ABF on the rollers just to see what it's putting out!

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I would need to trial a nominal version of the calibration over a chosen fleet to get confidence first.

He sells "chips". I create an experience! lol.
    Seriously. This digifant 3.X calibration being developed to recreate the drive feel I have achieved on JORAN, Ben S and vw_singh's std ABF vehicles on SEMs (stand alone engine management).
    This video gives a flavour of what I am attempting to develop the digifant 3.X calibration to. Pay attention to the first two vehicles (Golf 2s). All these vehicles run a SEM and achieve just over 161lbft over a wide range on engine speeds. NB vw_singh's itb car is not applicable.
    [video=youtube_share;va4rq2qWfRw]http://youtu.be/va4rq2qWfRw[/video]

I am of the view that I can get the digifant 3.X to do the same.
    I found the cars with ebay chips to be just warm in my opinion, having driven them and even swapping the ECUs back to the std cal.

The garage is not far from you as you are Kent? Just pop by one evening after work. You would surprised what a well maintained engine would achieve after many working hours.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  4. idlirp Forum Member

so, as far as i understand, the goal is to get e good re-calibration of the digi 3.x so it would gain similar specs as in the tuned SEMs you have tested. what you aim is not massive bhp figures but more than 160lbft over a wide range on rpms. thats great for everyday driving and makes the thing more interesting!
    another question, this calibration can be written via Vag-cable or directly in the eeprom? personally i am ok in both cases, as i have a spare ecu to play.
    i would also agree to test a free beta-version. unless the data are secretly used for a future commercial chip.

5. neo badness Paid Member Paid Member

Will there be a CGTi ecu flash for ABF then?

6. 16vlover Forum Member

I have purchased a abf swap on here and I will have it ship to me in Canada this summer to reside in the bay of my 91 Passat. 9a as of right now.
    I am interested in a reqorked ecu for the abf engine. is there a price in mind?

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I had taken a pause on this but have had the calibration running on a vehicle as a trial.
    There have been some observation on the trial car which requires some refinements to match the performance of an SEM calibration.
    I do not know if I will be interesting in selling these ECU chips commercially, as my point in the exercise is to match the calibration as seen on a standalone, but with better idle control and less hassle of having to build a custom loom.

This illustrates what I mean (taken from Clinic and Rolling road day part 1 April 28th)

[​IMG]

We will see when testing is complete.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    lufbramatt likes this.