Circle Track 99 GTI

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by kevilay, Jan 15, 2014.

1. kevilay New Member

Hey guys I race in a 1/2 mile bone stock circle track series. I am looking to adjust my suspension just a bit to help my car turn left haha. I was curious what kind of adjustments can be done with this car without adding in "noticeable" parts. Is there stock adjustment for camber/castor with manufacture equipment. Any other suggestions to speed up the car a bit without adding an visual changes, either in suspension or engine. I have 12v vr6. Its a 99.5 Golf GTI. Some of the stuff i've heard of so far is to gut the variable intake manifold. Polish the exhaust header, tune the car. I'm open to all suggestions I love hearing everyones input. Just FYI this is a 100% race car. It has no windows, lights, interior. It doesnt need to be street legal or adhere to any emmissions or safety codes.

Thanks!

2. H5LRW Forum Member

Front camber can be adjusted using the smaller shank bolts from VW. If you search on here the part number shouldn't be hard to find.
    There is some "factory" play possible in the front sub frame so you can ever-so slightly offset the front wheels and add some caster. There is also sufficient play to add some rear axle turn and offset. We are talking mm here so the overall effect will be minimal however the net effect should help getting the thing to turn.

Can you change springs? If so its going to make a lot of difference substituting the IF (LHF) with the sloppiest spring you can lay your hands on to stop it pushing.
    You can then try various lengths/rates on the OB (RHR) to suit.

Another search around the engine section should give you some ideas with regard to the motor.

3. kevilay New Member

Thanks, sadly I am unable to change springs, or cut springs. So that is not really an option. Ill have to look for those shank bolts.

As fas as the motor I got a pretty good idea what I'm planning to do with it. Maybe I'll post in there for some extra info.

Thanks
    Kevin