Clifford alarm installation caused probs

Discussion in 'Security' started by dewi, Oct 10, 2005.

1. dewi New Member

I have just had a Concept 650 installed on my 92mk3 Golf VR6.

All works very nice have intellestart as well.

Only thing is that the drivers electric window won't work from the door switch and the passenger side only works when the drivers door is open!

When the doors are closed can't operate either from the door switches. Also the electric wing mirror switch doesn't work as well.

The windows work fine off the roll ups (key in the door held on lock or unlock for a while) and the alarm closes the windows if they are already open, so basically there is no electrical mechanical problem as such.

It seems to be the module is confused as to when it should allow the windows to be activated?

I know that there is some logic with the windows that sayswhen you can or can't wind the windows up and down without the ignition on and was wondering if it is getting confused as to what the state is but it is odd that they won't work even with the car running..

Also noticed that the drivers switch seems to be resting a a slight ground!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sadly there is another issue, if you don't start the car imediatelly the imobaliser kicks in after 30 seconds which means you have to click the lock/alarm button with the ignition on to disable.

When you do thisyou then can't open the drivers door from the inside door handle, only the outside one! It's like a sort of child lock has kicked in.

I have recently replaced this lock with one I got off ebay but I am starting to think that maybe it is not the right one for my car (mk3 but not vr6) or something but it has never given me any problems like this before.

Basically I am not very happy with the bloke who installedthe alarm but he assuresme that it is all working correctly (which to be fairit is) but unfortunately he doesn't know much about the electrics on a golf so even though he has spent ages looking at it he is none thewiser..

2. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

i know this may sound stupid but on some cars when the door is closed they become dead i.e no ground and as the closure module will be mounted in the door because both switches are there the earth on the module when the door is closed may not be any good

on another note hw could have done it without the use of a module as you have total closure on the car as standard he only needed to use the white/blue 2nd accessory output form the alarmand the windows and roof would all automatically close when you arm the alarm

as to the door locking with the ignition on that is selectable on programming on cliffnet it is the autolock function this just needs to be turned off problem solved

the immobiliser has to come on for insurance purposes so there is nothing you can do about that

3. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

I thought the clifford 6xx series didn't need a clousure module. Its dead true about doors being closed having no earth tho...it foxed me on my mk1 a few weeks ago...had me stumped for a good few mins!! :lol:

4. dewi New Member

The total closure all works fine and I believe that is the way he did it but it doesn't explain why the windows don't work with the doors closed.

With a bit more investigation I have noticed that the push switch on the passengers side is broken which I am thinking may be effecting it, when you unlock the car it seems to be triggering the interior light.

So I will try replacing this and see if it makes a difference.

As for the door locking I assume it is just a combination of key presses as described in the instruction manual to switch the autolock off. But seems odd that it only locks thedrivers door..

5. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

i think you need to take it back to whoever fitted it and get him to put it right a golf is an absolute doddle you should not be having these problems

ther is an easy way to find out if he has used t he white/blue accessory output press the 2 star button on the bottom left of the remote if he has the windows will go up and the doors will lock if he has fitted a module only the windows will go up check also that he has not used the boot relase button for the window closure

when you disarm the alarm the interior light is meant to come on

remember

AN ALARM IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PERSON WHO FITTED IT
    Edited by: TROUBLESTARTER

6. dewi New Member

Before I had the alarm installed the central locking required two turns of the key to lock/unlock all the doors.

When the bloke fitted it he said he had to send two pulses to get the car to lock, which he had never seen before.

Do you know why that would be and do you think it could be causing the problems?

7. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

try programming the remote start as normal and arm the alarm let me know if the doors do not lock if they do not then some re-wiring will need to be done as the remote start holds the ignition on and thus prevents the doors from locking

i know that sounds strange but lots of things can happen with locking systems so i need more info to be able to help you out

it is difficult to solve a problem when i do not have access to the vehicle but i will keep trying

8. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

where are you based troublestarter? ;) I may have a job for you!

9. dewi New Member

I tried all the things you said and it all seems ok, 2 star button closes windows and locks the doors, the boot button doesn't do anything, the only thing that seems hit and miss is the intelestart.

As it was explained to me I have to press the 2 star button and the boot button together with the ignition still on and then just remove the key. But It seems that when I do this most of the time it just turns off as usual rather than holding the ignition on!

I have been and spoken with a mechanic at my local vw dealership and even managed to get out with the shirt still on my back and useful info.

The reason I have to turn the key twice is the replacement central locking pump I got from ebay is not the right one. It looks identical but has a slightly different serial number. When I explained what was happeningto the bloke he asked me if I had changed the central locking pump straight away as this is a known issue.. So if I get the right one should work of a single pulse/key turn.

He didn't reakon that that was anything to do with why the windows are not working though and said that it sounded like there is a wire that isn't grounded properly.

So I am going to go back to the bloke who did it and say either you work out which wire you haven't connected or I take it to VW and your paying..[8(]

10. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

to program the remote start it is default set as clifford button twice then the 2 star button then turn off the ignition it should stay running then are you using the four button companion remote or the five button master

vento mike i am based in colchester where are you ??

if you need a central locking pump i have one in my garage

11. dewi New Member

Thanks very much for the advice on intellestart the other remote works every time when I use that combination.[:D]

What part number is the central locking pump you have..

12. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

will check tonight on the pump and let you know then