Clifford Alarm Systems (Fitting)

Discussion in 'Security' started by Drag20vt, May 5, 2010.

1. Drag20vt Forum Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever fitted there own alarm, preferably to a mk1 golf?

Paying for an alarm and fitting was between 350-550 which is very expensive so i managed to find a clifford advantgard 5.5 alarm on ebay (2nd hand pro removed) for 190ish and plan to fit it myself, saving me alot of money because it would normally cost 550 fitted!

So has anyone ever done this? How much of a challege has i let my self in for?

Also i plan to get a "professional" look it over and sign me a certificate for insurance, any ideas how in debt they look into the fitting?

Cheers,

2. neil kaye Forum Junkie

probably cant answer your question but im sure the alarm fitter that signs the form would want to fit it themselves,if their signing their name to it
    also i got a toad ai606 from ebay,thought id got a great deal at 38 pound,needed a pin number which the guy didnt have so useless and got a refund,so id suggest downloading the instruction manual to see if it needs any codes

3. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

make sure you get the 4 digit code with the alarm as without it you will not be able to make any programming adjustments
    especially if it has come out of another car and may be programmed to do certain things that your car can't and may cause issues when fitting it

4. neil kaye Forum Junkie

i even tried ringing toad for the pin,they said they couldn't give it to me,i needed proof of purchase from new and the old code as without that they couldn't do anything with it themselves,and as stated above is needed programme the alarm ,i hope this isn't the case for your clifford loenl

5. Drag20vt Forum Member

I have asked if it includes the code, sadly i have already made the payment though :(

Edit: It does include the 4 digi code ;)

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  6. neil kaye Forum Junkie

phew!! ok then you should be ok
    p.m rubjonny he will more than likely have mk1 wiring diagrams ,and if you have the fitting instructions for the alarm im sure you'll get help on here to fit it