Clifford Concept 300 or 500????

Discussion in 'Security' started by damogti, Apr 19, 2004.

1. damogti Forum Junkie

Which one would people recommend out of these two??

What features does each one have and does the 500 do much more than the 300 to warrent the extra

I knwo very little about alarms so any info about either of these will be appeciated!!

cheers :p

2. VR6Will Forum Member

well, i bought the concept 300, then had the prox 4 sensor added at a later stage, cost an extra 100, wish i had of gone for the 500 now as it has the prox4, fuel pump wireless immob and a few other extras aswell!

3. Iggy82 Forum Member

I got a Concept 300 fitted yesturday by Studwieser, he done an excellent job and gave me a good price. Concept 300 will go off if anyone opens any of the doors (including boot and bonnet), smashes the glass to get in or cuts any of the wires. Depends what your really need mate. I recommend contacting Studwieser. He uses these forums all the time.

4. nutter4x4 Paid Member Paid Member

clifford have now bought out their new range now, might worth looking into

5. damogti Forum Junkie

I've already spoken to Stud and he recommended posting up on here to get peopels views on each!!!

The 300 sounds like it does all the things i want it to. Can anyone tell me what things the 500 does that the 300 doesnt??
    Edited by: damogti

6. Andy947 Forum Addict

I'll probably be going for the clifford 500 when i rebuild again.

I want more toys this time :p

7. Studweiser Forum Member

ok . concept 500 over the 300. dual zone prox, glass break sensor. built in winow closer for pair front electric windows(not factory total close type) 3 channel outputs where the 300 has 2. built in blackjack. doesn't hav wireless immobiliser, that's exclusive to concept 600, concept 500 and 600 unit are share the same main unit. it's actually cheaper to have the 500 and add the bits to bring it up to 600 spec.
    the new G5 stuff when it become readily available does not hav a model in the range that has built in window roll ups.

8. damogti Forum Junkie

Paul,

Is it possible to add the Blackjax, duel zone sensor and glass tampering to the Clifford 300??

9. Studweiser Forum Member

not sure about blackjack, think it might work indipendently from the alarm, someone else here is trying to link arrow with blackjack. my honest answer is i don't know 'cos i've never tried it. you can add dualzone and glass break, thr dual zone will work differently than on the 500/600. the cost of the 2 would push cost over the cost of concept 500

10. damogti Forum Junkie

Are these options worth a lot over the standard price of the alarm then??

11. Studweiser Forum Member

i'd sayi if you want the extras, go with the concept500, it'll be cheaper in the long run, if you're not fussed go with the 300. like i said on phone yesterday, if you hav the 300 i'll wire up remote headlight activation and wire it ready for remote boot release.
    if you go with concept 500 it'll shut your front windows and i can rig it up to open them on the 3rd channel output.
    not making decision making easy for you am I? really need more input from others to help you decide how how you wanna spend your money. doesn't matter to me either way.
    what i will say, is, if you have tinted windows it will have an affect on the dualzone prox on the concept500, in some cases it renders it useless.

12. damogti Forum Junkie

No your not!!! [:s]

I'm not so bothered about the blackjax but wouldnt mind the dual zone and glass tampering but the problem is the 500 is more than my budget.

I've not got tinted windows......

decisions decisions [:s] [:s]

13. damogti Forum Junkie

How much extra cost is the Glass Tampering on the 300??

14. Studweiser Forum Member

got 32.90 on shop price list, think that's +vat, it'd be the dualzone prox that'll tip the scales although we've not got it on price menu. window rollups 110. these are unfitted prices.

15. damogti Forum Junkie

ok cheers.

Does the 300 close the windows when its armed??

16. Studweiser Forum Member

only if the car's equiped with total close, so no it won't close your mk2 windows

17. damogti Forum Junkie

So i would need the 500 for this then??

Sorry for all these questions Paul!!! [:$]

18. Studweiser Forum Member

if you want to shut windows, yeah concept 500 is you cheapest option in the long run. you can add bits to the 300 but works out costing more in the end.
    Edited by: Studweiser

19. damogti Forum Junkie

Great, thanks for all the info Paul.

I'll probably give you a ring tomorrow to sort everything out. :)

20. black_cabbie Forum Member

i have connected the blackjax 4 with an arrow 3 alarm. They are seperate alarm systems. Which means you must have 2 sirens, 2 valet switches and 2 leds. You have a few options like making the horn sound instead of the siren to save you some space but i can tell you that its become very annoying to input the code everytime I open the door.....

I hope it proves usefull one day though....

Btw, Stud i asked you if I can change the unknown valet code on the blackjax. I hooked up the new G5 Wizard Pro and it connected just fine and I changed the code. Very strange as the previous owned (second hand) never changed the factory code 2...... Nice going! If only he had his car carjacked.... [:s]