Clifford Concept 300 or Toad ai606?

Discussion in 'Security' started by monkeyzoo, Dec 5, 2009.

1. monkeyzoo Forum Member

I just got a new car. It came fitted with Clifford Concept 300. I've heared good things about Clifford alarm/immobilisors but I've no personal experience with them. Can stick with it and figure it out (could do with some new fobs) or swap it out for the Toad ai606 I have in my old golf. Thoughts please!

2. DC75

DC75 Forum Member

i only ever hear bad things about clifford alarms, my security bloke hates them and will only fit one if the owner insists, sticking with what you know is usually best so i would go for the toad, got cobra cat 1 alarms on my cars, they do the job.

3. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

cliffords are absolutely fine i have been fitting them for 15 years
    all i will say is does the alarm have a glass mounted aerial on the windscreen
    if it does not then you may find that eventually the aerial will stop working you will know this is happening when you struggle to arm or disarm the alarm
    even so if this happens clifford will replace and program a newer aerial for it free of charge
    but this does involve sending the alarm brain and the remotes to clifford to do so
    90% of problems with cliffords is down to user error or poor fitting in the first place

4. monkeyzoo Forum Member

Cheers fella. I thought they were pretty popular but I guess that doesn't mean they're any good.

Anyone got any more opinions?

5. monkeyzoo Forum Member

Sending stuff to Clifford (free or not) seems a right PITA considering the car would be uninsured for the time while the alarm isn't fitted.

6. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

it would only be not insured if you told your insurance company and the reprorgamming for the alarm is a 2 weekturn around
    again as for people saying cliffords are rubbish thats a personal opinion
    if they were that rubbish then how come clifford has one the gold award at the mobile electronics awards for the last 3 years running

7. whitty New Member

Only dealings I have had with Clifford has been removing them I don't think the product is that bad but from what I have seen the instalations have been p poor, wouldn't fit one to my car though tooany silly features that are not needed IMHO

I've got a Gemini sitting in the cabinet for my golf

8. UBY

uby Forum Member

i had my concept 300 fitted in 2002 and have never had any problems with it :thumbup:
    probley just cursed myself[8(]

9. grant16v

grant16v New Member

Clifford dont bother

I had a clifford car alarm fitted a few years back in bristol

did everything, but then it started going off for no reason, kept taking it back, but no good, then one bank holiday weekend it shut the car down and locked me in!

it was a boiling hot day, and i was in Keynsham high street Bristol on a saturday afternoon [xx(] the alarm went off, and i couldn't get out, sounds funny :lol:

but i'm diabetic, in the end a Policeman smashed the window, and the car was recovered to the fitting center again! they'd gone bust (opened back up under new ownership and didnt want to know) so i had it taken out, and a new system fitted

total waste of money! [:x]

bunch of car audio cowboys, well they did come from the west! Hint Hint

save your money and buy a dog!

10. brown bomber Forum Member

Poor old Clifford is getting a bad reputation for what I can guess is due to poor installtion. Have fitted them for nearly 15 years with no real problems.

I guess as it is a well known and good quality brand, when things go wrong, you hear a lot of bad things. As with anything, poor install means poor performance. Many mobile fitters get such little money for fitting so they throw them in. As a certain mobile install company is responsible for fitting a lot of these systems then yes, a lot of bad press will occur.

Also remember that once fitting an alarm it can highlight problems with the car that were not known about before hand. Have seen this many times

11. Tomo IOW Forum Member

i had a clifferd alarm, and liked all the features, it was an old model, concept 30 or someting. anyways it went spastic and locked me out of teh car for 24 hours. still i wanna get a clifford again, maybe the 600 with blackjax.