Clifford Prox 4 Sensor

Discussion in 'Security' started by VR6Will, Feb 8, 2004.

1. VR6Will Forum Member

Would it be worth it? as you may know, some thieving b@stard tried breaking into my Golf last night smashed the window and buggered the door frame,

Now the alarm did sound and frightend them off, however, im at the stage of thinking perhaps they shouldnt have even got that close to my car,

I already have a clifford entry level cat 1 think its the 300 model, would it be worth adding the prox 4 sensor on, anyone know how much it will cost then also fitting,

has anyone got this added on their clifford, more hassel than its worth or not?

Edited by: oakgreen88

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

ive got the dual stage prox...it chirps it your near the side glass..full alarm if you reach into the interior

its pretty good..lets you know if people are lurking

the sensor its self seems pretty good..clifford alarms have their odd problem now and then

3. pigbladder Forum Addict

as for cost..go on e ba y theyre pretty cheep from ameerica,fit it your self

4. VR6Will Forum Member

think mine only has the interior motion sensor, so yeah as soon as someone reaches in through the window it would go off, whats the difference in the dual2 and prox4 sensor

5. VR6Will Forum Member

sorry just looked on the clifford website and the dual2 is the same as the prox4, its called dual zone prox4 sensor - doh

6. mk3anniversary Forum Member

I have the dual zone prox on my clifford 500. Can't fault it!

7. Studweiser Forum Member

can add dual zone to concept 300, it'll be maually adjustable where the 500/600 is done via remote. works well tho

8. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I bought my old 50X purely for the proximity sensor. It's mint. it usually scares off most scum bags. especially if you go out like a raging bull and run at them with a bat every time it goes off.....they get the message in the end..

9. VR6Will Forum Member

studweiser - you say it adjusted on the remote on 500/600, or manual when added to my 300, excuse my ignorance but what adjustment is there?

And phatvr6 - yeah from now on my hockey stick is kept by my front door - car is parked outside my house everytime now so even if i hear it beep i'll be out there! [:x]

10. pigbladder Forum Addict

you can ajust both sections its best to leave the inner one...but the outer can be turned up so it picks people up at around 2 feet or more...or turned down if theres a chance innocent people can pass by,it takes a while to get it nice mine chirps for no reason if its too high

11. VR6Will Forum Member

Argh, i see now, you dont know how its adjusted manually do you? or will that be done when it gets fitted?

im going back to where the alarm was originally fitted, never had any probs with it, so....

12. Studweiser Forum Member

manually adjustable one comes with a pad to mount on dash or wherever you want it. got two buttons for adjusting up and down, and switch for switching between inner and outer zones when adjusting. also got row of green and red leds which light up when movement detected.