club question in insurance quote

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by David Number 2, Jun 26, 2006.

1. When I was getting an insurance quote from adrian flux (turned out at 3700) they asked me if i was a member of any car clubs? I assume meaning things like club gti. Would this raise or lower the insurance?

by 2000 maybe? :)

2. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Club membership would generally show you are an enthusiast and not just a boy racer and hence lower the insurance quote I would have thought. To be honest though I would steer well clear of Flux from my experience with them! Have you tried Brentacre? Not sure how old you are, they may only insure people over 21 though but I could be wrong?

3. im 18 :S my quote with flux was 1900 when im 19, in just over a month :(

4. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

try, greenlight, hic, and even norwich union direct if it's std, put ur 'rents down as named drivers (if you have any)....

5. ive tried NU and HIC, all 3K+! And wait, so if i insure it all in my name, and then have parents as named drivers, that makes it cheaper?

and another question, i was under the impression the prices are fixed, like they just sum it all up depending on what youve said, and one person would be the same as the next. But is this not the case? Like if you sweet talked them would they maybe make it cheaper?

6. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

At a quote of 3700 they've got at least two grand they can knock off if they felt like it, that's just f*cking daft. Have you tried telling them that you've got a quote from another company for X amount less and seeing if they'll match it?

Highest quote I ever had was 8500 for a 3k MR2 :o Once i'd finished laughing I went and got insured on it for 650. Made me wonder why insurance companies bother telling you such high figures, i'd prefer it if they just said 'we don't want to insure you' [:x]

7. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

prices seem to change on a weekly basis, if not daily, they can make it cheaper if you want, play them off of each other............

8. Admin Guest

3700 for insurance?? what are you tyring to insure?

9. funkbaron Forum Junkie

Why has insurance hiked up so much in the last few years - when i was 18 I had a Renault 5 GT turbo, GRP 14 insurance, and that was 800 in my own name back in 1998....these days you'd be talking thousands. Lucky i'm an old git, i'd hate to pay more than 300 to insure anything now tbh

10. my 90' 16V, im 18 now, 19 august 3rd. its a shame, as its just sat on the drive doing nothing atm :( and im stuck with the driver (white) still

[​IMG]

11. and yes my mum has a micra [:$]

12. alanbe2 Paid Member Paid Member

That's nowt, my brother tried getting a quote for an Audi 80 Quattro when he was 18. And the AA quoted him 5,999,999 Third Party. They wouldn't do monthly payments.... ;)

Al

13. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

but is she fit!:lol: [:$]

14. 6 million!!

15. if 50+ year old ladies are your thing, then maybe...

16. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

sorry mate, just a line one of my mates say if you mention your mother!

17. hey, we all do it :)

18. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Would they accept a postdated cheque though? :lol::lol:

19. G-Man Forum Junkie

I've had some silly quotes, but i don't understand how one company gave me a quote for an S3 at 8,000 a year with a 1500 excess, yet RAC did it for 1500 with 250 excess.

HIC give you money off if you select car club member and that you attend shows.

20. Admin Guest

one of them asked if i belong to any clubs, attended shows and read the mags :lol:
    of course i did ;)