CO2 adjustment screw, dumb ass question?

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Rob8vGTi, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Hard to say, does look like it'd not take much abuse, got a very fine thread and quite soft metal.

If it's the one on eBay I think it is, may even be the same complete unit as yours and swap over without having to change anything, hope so.

Yes, prices are a little optimistic. There's such a similarity in them that I suspect sellers go on, see what others are asking and price match without giving much thought to true value.

Surprising how much Kjet stuff's being remade nowadays, the mixture screw would be a good addition.

If you need the spare, just shout.

2. Matt Golf Forum Member

Is it possible to check the condition of this screw without dismantling the whole assembly I wonder?

3. Zender Z20

It's pretty well buried in there, was just looking at mine and don't see an easy way to access it visually until you start taking things apart.

I suppose feel is the next best option, can only speak for my own, but it's quite clear if the head of the 3mm tool is siting correctly in the hex when you insert it and will freely rotate with a slight / smooth resistance.

If it's just clogged up I could see how you might easily think it's rounded when it's not and end up causing yourself needless work.

4. Rob8vGTi Paid Member Paid Member

Quick update,
    ITS OUT.
    Bit of a journey but it’s finally given up and moved. I left it soaking in plus gas which didn’t help because as I tried to insert a torq 20 the outer sleeve moved and came out. So now I’m down to the final 2 components and back into the plus gas they went for another 24hrs. So this morning again it was going nowhere so out came the heat, not an avenue I normally want to go down but realistically it was the only option left. It worked and is finally out and moving lovely using the torq 20, now for the rebuild

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    Zender Z20 likes this.
  5. Zender Z20

Great job... good to know it can be done / how to.